Author Topic: 69 Z/28 spark plug wire looms  (Read 11899 times)

IZRSSS

Re: 69 Z/28 spark plug wire looms
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
Here are a couple of pics from the car including the a/c hose bracket...

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 04:29:59 PM »
The plug wire supports were part of the engine as received, so they're orange. Only the Z/28 used the separate support bracket for the power brake hose; on the others the hose went through the hole in the plug wire support.

The PCV hose from the left side valve cover doesn't go through the hole in the engine lifting hook as shown in the bottom photo above.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »

The PCV hose from the left side valve cover doesn't go through the hole in the engine lifting hook as shown in the bottom photo above.

Too bad...it works like a champ...and it looks strange just sitting there doin nothin.

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »
I am looking at the old photos of my 69 pace car before any restoration was done.  My DS wire loom bracket is definitely not orange.  It looks either black or dark metal grey colored.  Not to say it couldn't have been changed out, but is it possible that not all of these brackets were orange?  It is currently semi-gloss black and when I repainted all of my brackets way back when I redid my car, I didn't refer to any chart.  I painted the part the color it was when taken off the vehicle.  If it makes any difference, I didn't have the transmission kickdown bracket for the kickdown cable.  Instead, I had the linkages for the powerglide kickdown.  Would that have made any difference?

Also, what color are the engine lift brackets supposed to be.  Mine were still on my car and in my old photos they look like they were bare metal.

I wish I took more photos at the time, but I didn't intend on redoing the car when I did.  I pulled the car into my garage to change out a bad water pump and the next thing I knew, the front end was off, the engine was out and the sub frame was in the back of my truck ready for a trip to the sand blasters.  I still should have taken a bunch of photos, but this was at a time when this type of documentation wasn't considered a big deal and also when you still had to buy film for your camera.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
  My DS wire loom bracket is definitely not orange.  It looks either black or dark metal grey colored.  Not to say it couldn't have been changed out, but is it possible that not all of these brackets were orange? Also, what color are the engine lift brackets supposed to be.  Mine were still on my car and in my old photos they look like they were bare metal. 

The plug wire supports were part of the engine as received, and were painted orange with the engine; see Section M35, sheet A14, View "A" in your Assembly Manual.

The engine lifting hooks were also part of the engine when it was painted, and on an engine with an iron intake, they should be orange.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
I see the greyish color used on the bracket that holds the brake lines.  This color looks to be the same as the hood hinges and hood latch assembly.  What color is this?  Can it be duplicated with a can of spray paint?  If not, ss there a can of spray paint that comes close?  How do I get this color without having some huge special type process which requires me to send my part out? 

anything