Author Topic: Gary Morgan Camaro  (Read 8284 times)

Bruce302

• View Profile
Gary Morgan Camaro
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
I'd like to thanks Jon Mello, and especially Gary Morgan for the great interview. It sure is good to hear the stories from the guys that were there doing the racing.
Real stories from the independants.

Can you tell us about the Gary Morgan car now, It looks like it has been nicely restored, but I haven't seen it on a track lately.

Thanks again guys.

Bruce.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Morgan Camaro
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
Thanks, Bruce. I really enjoyed doing both of those interviews and felt they needed to be shared with others who have a passion for the original Trans-Am series. Both Gary and Dave are great guys with some neat stories to tell. I have more of these interviews in the works and will be posting them when I have them completed.

Gary's car was raced by others well into the '70s. It was restored by a Canadian named Don Wattie who showed it for several years and sold it. I believe it was the next owner who sold it at a Barrett-Jackson auction in 2006 for over $300K. The purchaser was the Texas Motor Speedway Museum. I believe they put it up for sale a year or two ago and it didn't sell. It has never been vintage raced since Wattie restored it.

-Jon
Jon Mello
CRG

MO

• View Profile
Re: Gary Morgan Camaro
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 11:25:23 PM »
I've always liked that car.

anything