Author Topic: Intent of the 1st-Gen Trans-Am Camaro Forum  (Read 68932 times)

Ron C.

• View Profile
Re: Intent of the 1st-Gen Trans-Am Camaro Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
Watch out, you guys now have a FORD guy logged into you TA forum!! LOL. But hey, if its Trans Am we don't care what the make and model it is, rite??

Dale Mathers(NZL)
welcome to the site,dont matter what you drive,all car people welcome.
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

David Pozzi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Thanks for setting up this forum section.
David

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
I agree! Your Trans-Am Camaros section is an incredible read. The narratives, interviews, and vintage photo's are truly an asset to CRG. Thanks for the hard work Jon!

OG69Z

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »
I agree! Your Trans-Am Camaros section is an incredible read. The narratives, interviews, and vintage photo's are truly an asset to CRG. Thanks for the hard work Jon!
I couldn't agree with Marty more, but it is an asset not just for the CRG, but to all of the car community!!! Jon Mello is doing wonders for our vintage history.
Bob

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:41 AM »
The CRG website is the premier website for factual information and history on the 1st-gen Camaros. With few exceptions, all efforts have been focused on the stock, as-built production line cars. This new Trans-Am section is meant to provide facts and information authentic to the era in which these 1st-gen Camaros were built and campaigned on road race tracks (up through the year 1972, after which the T-A rules changed). I have been very fortunate so far to have had a lot of help from others who have provided a treasure trove of old photographs. These historic photographs have been a huge benefit to us all and I am very appreciative for the positive feedback that I have received regarding this project. Thanks to all of you.
Jon Mello
CRG

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
I didn't see an official new guy intro segment.  I am more partial to the AMC racers in this series but I do appreciate and photograph all racers from the era and series. Hello!

S A

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us.
Jon Mello
CRG

Jeff Barley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
Hi Jon.. well... i finally made it to joining the forum  :) .. looks like all the info from the last 10-15 years is on here!!.. if only this forum had been around when we started we could have saved ourselves a few hours!! LOL .. still.. great to see it.. now all i need to do is find time to visit all the pages and spot the bits you haven't added.. yet!!!
... ps.. outstanding effort..
jeff

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 07:36:52 PM »
Many thanks, Jeff! You and I have done a lot of research over the years. It's about time you signed up.  :)
Jon Mello
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:39 AM »
Never really had the chance to see anything in regards to the trans am races. All that I have read is very interesting and always gets my undivided attention. Drag racing was fun but this kind of racing is way better. It's a shame there isn't much of that going on theses days. I use to watch the IROC races when I got a chance but that isn't the same is it?
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

Racerdan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »
Is there a spot to post about original SCCA A Sedan racing of First Gen Camaros?  We finally finished ours, completed our documentation back to the GM plant in Van Nuys, with log books, etc. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fK3bHOMJ7o

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:12 AM »
Welcome, Dan.

You can start your own thread about your car if you like. Just click on the "New Topic" button to get started.

If you do a search for A/Sedan you can see some examples of what has been done.
Jon Mello
CRG

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 03:29:57 PM »
Thanks, Jon for setting up the 1st Gen Camaro T/A forum. As another Ford guy who joined this site, I love anything to do with our beloved Trans-Am cars, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Mopar and AMC stuff!
--Scott.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)