Author Topic: Has anyone ever heard of a JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET from Plymouth Michigan 66-70  (Read 4561 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Hi fellas,

I am looking for any info concerning the dealer of JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET. I purchased my current Z a couple of years ago, it had been an original owner car for all of its life, except 8 months. I am hoping I am not the only Camaro owner out there that has heard of this dealer and someone can help me out. he was located at 345 N. main st. in plymouth Michigan. The location then became Lou LaRiche chevrolet and in 71 or 72 they moved a few blocks away. While I was fortunate enough to get an orgy of paperwork with the car and an original dealer key fob, I have been unable to locate an original picture of the dealership, or any other memorabilia ( of course a dealer license plate frame is one of the items on my wish list). So if anyone has any info or items for this dealer, POST IT

thanks
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
You might contact the Plymouth Chamber of Commerce or the Historical Society (or Lou LaRiche Chevrolet) to see if they have any photos of the old dealership.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
I talked to his son, sounds like I may have to make a trip to the dealership and see if Sr. is around and may have some of the early photos. I have talked to Plymouth historical society and you can pay them to research a topic for you or go there, go through a strip search so your not taking materials with you and research yourself. I have run into one other guy that was selling a corvair that had the p.o.p. but he didn't have anything else.
thanks for the help. On a separate note John, I have gone through the originality catagory and have seen how informative you are, any ideas on locating an original pair of spiral shocks for my 08C 69 Z?
thanks again

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
On a separate note John, I have gone through the originality catagory and have seen how informative you are, any ideas on locating an original pair of spiral shocks for my 08C 69 Z?
thanks again

You're about eight years too late - I sold the original (flabby) shocks from my 02D '69 Z/28 in 2002 to another restorer and replaced them with new Delcos; I drive the car, and it was like a cruise liner in rough seas with the original shocks.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
thats funny well I only have a couple of things that aren't original to my car, and the shocks is one of them. If i do find an original set, is there anybody that can rebuild them? I like to drive mine as well, so they would have to be functional.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
thats funny well I only have a couple of things that aren't original to my car, and the shocks is one of them. If i do find an original set, is there anybody that can rebuild them? I like to drive mine as well, so they would have to be functional.

Give Dan Patch a call, (913) 268-5314, dpatch2@kc.rr.com; he rebuilds/restores original Corvette Delco shocks and may be able to help you.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything