Author Topic: 1969 LM1 Camaro; Restore or Pro Tour?  (Read 5686 times)

diverx151

• View Profile
1969 LM1 Camaro; Restore or Pro Tour?
« on: January 27, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »
Greetings to all from a new member. I would like to ask for some help with my decision making concerning the following Camaro:

I own a pre-X code 1969 LM1 Camaro. The car is complete, but in rough shape. (Needs rear frame rails & quarter panels, along with some floor & trunk pan work.) This was a recent barn find from Indiana. (Car was parked since 1982 when it apparently went down for brakes.) The engine and trans still work great. The car is all original EXCEPT for the short block; it is a 1973 "CE" warranty replacement block. The original top-end from Tonowanda is still there (heads & intake), along with the factory A/C, PWR Drum brakes, dual fuel lines, 12 bolt non-posi rear, and 2spd Power Glide Trans.

I know that the LM1's were a low production number, and coupled with the factory A/C, "Power-Slide" trans. and power drums, it makes it more so.

This was a Norwood car built in Oct '68, Daytona Yellow, black vinyl top, and standard black interior. Other than the rusty 1982 Indiana tag from when she went in the barn, there is no "providence" for her. (No build sheet, protecto, or window decal.) All deciphering was from VIN and cowl tags, and lots of help from info on this site and the LM1 registry.

I am torn between wanting to restore her to her former glory (very intrigued by the LM1 factor, but obviously concerned about the CE Warranty short block), or get crazy & butcher her for a pro-tour/pro street driver. Any recommendations, opinions, or friendly advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

tmodel66

• View Profile
Re: 1969 LM1 Camaro; Restore or Pro Tour?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
If I were you I would repost this in the General Discussion at the top of the home page. You're probably not gonna get many replies in this section. But to answer your question I would put it back to original.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

diverx151

• View Profile
Re: 1969 LM1 Camaro; Restore or Pro Tour?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:50:05 AM »
Thank you, & I have reposted in the General Discussion area.

anything