Author Topic: 69 copo camaro  (Read 11767 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 copo camaro
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »
Yep, that's his.  I wonder if I sent that photo to you?  I've been to his place many times.

Jerry

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
Finally found the feature article on the COPO. It is in the Winter 2004 Muscle Car Review. 15,000 original miles. Car had aftermarket wheels & tires nearly since new so the Uniroyals have about 1,000 miles. Other options fold-down seat, AM/FM.
Learning more and more about less and less...

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »
Check out the OE Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires. Not reproduced, impossible to find 5 NOS. Common original equipment tire for a '69 Camaro.

Interesting...Its one of the first things I noticed. I think there was a thread a while back that discussed this, and now there they are in black & white. Any idea on the miles for the car?

Sorry Cdengler...didn't mean to high-jack ya.

This car was Vintage Certified  in 2003. Steve Sandlin purchased this car in 2002 and sold it in 2009, and he certainly did not flip the car. As far as what he bought and sold the car for, who cares. The car is highly optioned with M22, RS,console gauges and even a fold down rear seat(probably one of one). My understanding is that this car wore aftermarket wheels and tires shortly after delivery. The engine compartment was virtually untouched at the time of our certification and areas that were are noted as such. This car is a killer example of an unrestored survivor and runs and drives like it was new with 15 k miles.

Regarding uniroyal tires I own three cars which still wear their original uniroyal tiger paws and amazingly have no dry rot. I will say tiger paws were not known as  very durable in terms of tread wear.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »
Low mile survivor, nice colour, rare options = one cool car. 
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca