Author Topic: floor diagram?  (Read 2804 times)

r.l.

• View Profile
floor diagram?
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
hello-an saving a badly rusted 69 conv.there was nothing left to go by- is there any diagrams?need to know the underfloor front bracing and need to know where to get a firewall body mount panel??

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: floor diagram?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:16:15 AM »
Dynacorn reproduces the entire '69 Camaro convertible body so that's where I would start. I do not believe they individually market every panel.
Learning more and more about less and less...

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:39:03 AM »
They sell just about every panel for them. But you really have to love the work to tackle it. And the Dynacorn shells available are not plug and play. They will need extensive massaging to be acceptable. How disintegrated the car is will determine the best course of action.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:28 AM »
Sauron327 raises an issue I usually avoid for fear of being the "wet blanket" here. This thing may be too rusty to fix. You need to determine this before throwing lots of money at it. Back in my parts days were threw out a virtually intact '69 Z/28. It had been left outside for years, sunk in the mud along a lake. No floors anywhere, about half the OE radiator/core support eaten away. The axle was so rusty all the cover bolts snapped off. Took what was salvageable, tossed out the rest, even the frame. Can't save them all.
Learning more and more about less and less...

Boston14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
Could you submit some pictures for evaluation?

boston14
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

anything