Author Topic: 67 custom interior gm 707 variations  (Read 4773 times)

phils_crew

67 custom interior gm 707 variations
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »

hi,

got a 67 rs butternut yellow w/custom interior that has light yelllow  w/gold  accents.i have found

1998 camaro enthusist magaize article of two others known that slightly different treatments.maybe

not popular in the day,think these were custom ordered that way?difference minor such as carpet

colors mouldings etc.any others out there?found nos to repro my yellow line dot headliner in long

beach cal.well worth it.as it was both others are cal. cars,mine a norwood.found over by dayton,o.

in process of resto now and loving it.new to forums and invite all options to consider.leaning heavy

to orginality but to what extent.no p.o.p. but have rubbing of it,copies of orginal,n after titles.seem

to indicate #`s match low mile bone stock keeper.ps pb auto pg 327 210 hp delux air am/fm clock.

bee neglected otherwise,or well enjoyed but left out wet.thanks in advance....phil

mopar346

• View Profile
Re: 67 custom interior gm 707 variations
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »
Welcome Phil, there is some great info on here and some of the guys are incredibly knowledgeable. It does at times move slow see don't take offense, these guys have lives other than on a computer. Sounds like a sweet ride and Happy Thanksgiving.

phils_crew

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
 :o
  well update on restoration .not just broken monoleafs,had frame rusted thru in several spots as well as torque boxes.trunk pan seemed mostly fine but when removed the tank (which strangely is useable) the pan looked like swiss cheese.guess to save this one gonna require lotta new sheet metal.not going to be orginal points bonanza.never had 1 of them anyway.i still find the discussions here both informitive and entertaining.
  this will still be worth doing as i plan to drive this car when i retire,so i need the air/ps,pb auto
parts of the orginal build.love the double yellow gold name tag the previous owners have given it.
(my wife calls it christina ala,steven king).guy i got it from passed on the notebook with the pop rubbing and enthusist mags in it,w/#`s decoded somewhat.seems to have stayed in that family 1st
35 years as copies of titles (all except orginal) ,the rubbing (wish i had real deal) and later info gathered by 1st out of family owner.the guy also said whoever wouldn`t part w/p.o.p. warranty info.have to ask him who n where that is..
  thanks for reply mopar  and no problem as to timely replies (looks like gonna be awhile b4 the project gets completed.)finding out so many things i never had considered before w/1st 67 i still have (now i know its not done either  ..lol...lmao) i have lots oem performance parts for 1st gen and now can put 2 projects into place,1 nearly stock orginal and modify the other.
  1 of main questions i have is could i upgrade the #`s match engine with higher hp heads intake carb and like without hurting its appeal .(for those i leave it to when i am gone).see this 1 is tribute to my brother i lost last year.he loved cars n gold(he gave me the gold )i sold it n got the car .he would love that ..lol
 just reinstalled rear leafs after welding in new frame,n pans.thanks to forums i read here + factory assembly manual so recommended here too.almost put in 12 posi i had saved for m 22 combo 66 327 pile from stockpile.#`s match is 10 bolt maybe the 8.2 not 8.5.any thoughts??
          thanks in advance for any replies    ...........phil

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:21:37 AM »
Any modifcations to a numbers matching engine would drop value to me.  If you have it complete, keep it that way. JMHO
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

phils_crew

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:05:32 AM »

thanks  jmho ,
   the guy put orginal miles on our title.i believe it too.strong for a 210 hp 2b
powerglide.drove real nice in front too.i could feel the bad leafs  tho.we drove it
over 30 miles home.the guy  said he`d drive it to fla.  lol must`ve large coconuts..there...lol
i got out n let friend drive so i could see it track n he so big had shower of old bondo
every bump he hit ...it has new brakes n  today i installed org. rear back in too..can`t wait
to fire it back up to start on front of car...
  anyone know of any good tv shows w/ quarters being replaced. seeing is believeing.
i am mechanic..not done much body work..any help n replies welcome...phil

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »
YouTube has a few videos to watch for body panel replacement. Just do a search.
BTW   JMHO = Just My Honest Opinion    LOL
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

phils_crew

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »

;)

thanks ,that helped a lot.saw several great videos of pro.`s at work.  great site.jmho.like that
acronym...lol

elcamino72

• View Profile
    • More Information on Camaro Fraud
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:05 AM »
I too have a 707 custom interior '67 however my original interior is LONG GONE so I can't help you on how it "originally" looked.

Have fun!!  I'm currently replacing the floorboards on mine ... that's the only bad section left, quarters are hung and ready to go.

anything