Author Topic: Posting Pics...Hope This Helps  (Read 7252 times)

IZRSSS

Posting Pics...Hope This Helps
« on: October 23, 2010, 12:34:41 AM »
For those of you who have trouble posting pics I feel your frustration.  It took me many, many, many tries to finally get them posted.  To further complicate matters I am no good at computer lingo so in laymans terms here goes.  Keep in mind this is for my PC which is a Gateway.

The first thing I do is save all of my pics in my pictures library and then I "Send to" my documents library.  This is important because the changes made in the docs library will not affect the pics in your pictures library.

Next, left click on the pic in your docs library you want down sized and go to "File" then to "Edit".  On the next screen look for the Resize icon. On mine it is on the upper left hand corner.  Key that and you'll see a Resize box with "Horizontal & Vertical".  Highlight the Horizontal box and enter any number <100 to start off with. On my PC it is only necessary to enter the number in the Horizontal box which automatically changes both settings. I usually begin with 20.  Then key the save icon.  Search your screen for KB, on mine its at the bottom of the screen.  Your goal is to get this number as close to 100KB as possible without going over.

Keep in mind...each time you change the size (add a different number) you must also key on the SAVE icon to reset the KB.

You are now ready to "Browse" which is at the bottom of the "Preview" post section.  If you need to post more than one pic, key Browse again...good luck
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 12:52:39 AM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

Re: Posting Pics...Hope This Helps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:33:10 AM »
Better pust this one forward...seems like a few folks are using it.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:00:18 AM »
Kurt S
CRG

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
If you re-size just the horizontal you must check off somewhere (depends on your software) retain aspect ratio. If you do not keep the original aspect ratio, the pic will become rather distorted. Another good option is to find the "crop" function. Crop will let you remove part of the picture, top , bottom, left, or right. Cropping does not reduce resolution (quality)., it just strips out the part you don't want.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »
Push...

IZRSSS

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »
Not sure if this helps...another push...