Author Topic: 1967 ss deluxe interior vs rs interior  (Read 3667 times)

qwertyme77

• View Profile
1967 ss deluxe interior vs rs interior
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »
I have a 1967 ss 350 car that should have had the deluxe interior in it when i bought the car. Unfortunately the seats, console, and dash cluster was gone before i got the car. I am unsure whether the non- rs deluxe interior (specifically the seats) is the same as an rs interior, which i assume was always deluxe. Specifically I was wondering if my seats should have that contrasting pin stripe, and if there are any other differences that the rs interior came with that my deluxe does not have.

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
Re: 1967 ss deluxe interior vs rs interior
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »
RS is an exterior package.  Deluxe interiors could be ordered on any model, SS, RS, Z/28, none of the above.  Since you mention that your car should have the deluxe interior, I assume you decoded your trim tag.  If it says deluxe, then it is a deluxe interior regardless as to it being an RS (which is also on the trim tag...).  BUT make sure you order/get the correct rear seat covers.  I'm pretty sure the rear seats for '67 deluxe interiors are narrow and have arm rests (I have a '68 which doesn't have narrow deluxe rear seats.  So, I know '68s better).

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
RPO Z87 deluxe interior should also have 2 dome lights (installed in sail panels), one piece door panels with armrests made into the door panel, deluxe  steering wheel with SS horn button and as flyingskibiker mentioned, narrow rear seats with armrests on each side. Rear panels are smaller to make room for rear armrests.The seats have contrasting pin stripes. Hood insulation, trunk mat, front door regulators and other small parts. Not bad for about a $100.00 !
The console is made up of RPO D55 which is the console and RPO U17 which is the instrument package w tach. That is why your cluster is missing.
If you need futher help, just ask. ??? :)
Bob

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
Thanks guys. The door panels, arm rests and sail panels with dome lights were still in my car when i bought it so I knew I needed the narrow rear seat. Oh, and the rear seat should have been the fold down option. I just wanted to make sure that my seats should have the contrasting stripe in them. I really like that look!

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »
RPO A67 make sure you tell them that when you order your seat covers.
Bob

anything