Author Topic: Chid seat in 1st gen  (Read 4556 times)

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
Chid seat in 1st gen
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:58:57 AM »
Anyone have recommendations on how best to travel with a three year old in a 1st gen safely? I have been using a car seat facing forward but the front seat doesn't slide forward enough for him any more. I was thinking of trying a booster but have not seen anyone using one locally. Any thoughts on what to do? Traveling with my son is one of the things I enjoy most about having the ride because of how excited he gets to go cruising.

Thanks,
John
68 07D SS350
John

ChrisM

• View Profile
Re: Chid seat in 1st gen
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:59 AM »
If you don't have rear shoulder belts you may want to consider installing them. I believe I saw a recent thread about rear shoulder belts either on this site or on the team camaro (camaros.net) website.  Aftermarket suppliers can get you a good belt and tell you how to properly install it.  Good luck and watch out for the crazies that don't realize a 40 year old car can't stop on a dime.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:14:08 AM »
Most car seats I remember were based on age height and weight. Been a while though my "baby" is 16 and driving now. If you son rides in the back there may be some models that work well with just a lap belt to hold the seat in place. If you use a booster I would recommend using lap and shoulder belts. You could do that in front or rear seat, but everything I remember recommends children never ride in the front seat. Take him cruzing, but do it as safe as you can.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:01:37 AM »
Put the seat in the center of the rear seat and he'll have more room.
It was much easier when the kids went into booster seats!
Kurt S
CRG

aaronz28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »
well, my son's car seat is a permanent fixture in my 69Z.  The rear belts make it an easy install, however, the big ass buckle sits right in the middle of his back.

he has never complained about it, but i can't imagine having that thing sitting in the middle of my back. (especially when the car is accelerating the way I drive it :D)

thanks

sebastien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
I put mine on the back seat behind the passenger seat that I move all the way forward.It just fit.If nobody seats in the passenger seat I fold it fwd as well to give a little more leg room to my toddler.You need to shop around to find a small baby car seat as they come in different sizes.Also I had to install a tether anchor on the back seat divider,there are some holes already there so you don't have to drill anything.
Hope that helps
Sebastien 68  327 rag top

anything