Poll

How much do your drive your 1st generation Camaro each year?

Show Car, Only rides on a trailer
3 (1.5%)
Show Car, but 500 miles or less...
33 (16.8%)
Occasional driver, 500 to 3000 miles
95 (48.5%)
Regular driver, 3000 to 10,000 miles
13 (6.6%)
Daily Driver, more than 10,000 miles
1 (0.5%)
Still restoring, but I'll drive it soon!
33 (16.8%)
Sitting in boxes....
17 (8.7%)
No car... no cash... no fun...
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Author Topic: How Much Do You Drive?  (Read 53490 times)

WMCC AL

• WMCC Membership Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: How Much Do You Drive?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
I really enjoy driving my '68 RS convertible,  I've driven all over Michigan with it.  I plan to take it on the Hot Rod Power tour this Summer, at least a couple of legs and maybe a Long-Hauler (Cleveland, OH to Little Rock, AR) if the weather cooperates! 
WMCC - Membership Coordinator

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:02 PM »
Last chance... and then I'm taking this one out for a while.
Post and Vote...
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

stovebolt_six

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 10:31:52 PM »
Haven't driven my Camaro regularly or legally since 1989, but that is about to change, then will be driven on weekends and vacation, weather permitting!

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »
In 1968 the average price per gallon in the US was 34 cents. (Late that year there was a "gas war" in the Southeast and I was buying regular for 19 cents.) In today's dollars 34 cents is still "only" $1.80 per gallon.  :o

This summer looks like good driving weather for most of us --according to the Weather Channel.  ;D
But with higher gas prices is that slowing up your crusing?  :'(  :'(  :'(

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »
I just drive around the area, to work sometimes on Sundays because there is no traffic and it's safe.  I'm really worried about some rebrobate running into me.  I wonder how many people on here on in Oregon?  It's a diffferent world out here.  I live close to country roads and that's what i drive on.  I've never been back East so I don;t know what it's like.
68Z28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 02:40:09 PM »
68Zproject,

I drove 300 miles Memorial Day Weekend here in NC and didn't touch an interstate.  I've got family in Seattle and have traveled quite a bit in Oregon, both with work and visiting.  A Camaro and a country road are the same the world over.  I've been to several of the classic car dealers and restorers in Washington and Oregon.  It seems like Camaros are becoming rarer out there than here.

You are right to be wary of folks running into you.  During that Memorial Day drive I had one guy run off the road trying to look back at my car.  I suppose better off the road than into me.  That's an interesting sort of flattery!  ::)  ;D

...Keep voting and posting...!

VI009DZ

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »
i drive my 69 every single day.I have drove it every day since the day i brought it.  I live  30 minutes from work and its just a long winding road though woods and city. There is this great spot right by the river. To be honesty, i can't stand to drive anything else. Its completely stock but there is just something about that loud roar of a V8 and the feel of vinly. There is no better way to start and end the day.
You're the man! 

I've driven mine every day I could this summer.  As a "side job" I part out cars, so if I sell something for $20 or $100, the cash goes straight into the glovebox of the Z for gas money, so I don't worry about the price of gas.

A) Driving season in Vermont is only a few months, so you've got to make hay when the sun's shining!
B) For as much as I pay a month, you bet your a$$ I'm going to drive it!
C) I absolutely LOVE being behind the wheel.  As Mikey said....getting back in DD is just boring, and sad.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »
When I first started this poll, regular gas was below $3.00 Now, it's above!
Hey, Newbies...  How much do you drive?  Where do you drive?

Vote and post...

Balaclava

• View Profile
    • LaFlamme Family Photo Albums
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 01:08:20 AM »
Mine has been stripped down and parts are sitting in boxes for about the last 29 years. I tell everyone that it is going to be my retirement project in another 8 years.
Paul
1967 RS Convertible

no69x-44

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 03:43:41 AM »
Mine has been in "restro" mode for 5 plus years now.  But I think I should be starting it for the first time since this all started sometime next week!  I'm really starting to jones about getting it starting ... and then hopefully back on the road by maybe May.  It's been a long time in coming, for sure.

I have a C5 Corvette that pretty much keeps me sane while the '69 Camaro has been off the road.  That's more a driver per se but I still don't put a ton of miles on that car either.  Maybe 3000 to 4000 miles a year or so. But I do use the C5 for long trips in the summer and weekend get a ways.
--Rob
----------------------------
'72 SS Nova - Gone
'68 Chevelle - Gone
'67 Impala - Gone
'65 Belair - Gone
'00 Corvette - Still got it
'69 Camaro - Keeper

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 01:01:19 AM »
Mine has been stripped down and parts are sitting in boxes for about the last 29 years. I tell everyone that it is going to be my retirement project in another 8 years.

I'm not sure I could stare at the boxes for another 8 years...  That's like waiting for Christmas.   ;)  But it looks like you are in a group of several other patient persons!  ;D

Please vote and post!  I'd like to get more than 100 votes for an "official"-based poll...

stovebolt

• 1968 L6 Sport Coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
About 1500 miles during spring, summer and fall, three to four times per week. My 230 cubic inch six gets 25 mpg on the highway so I'm not worried about gas prices.

camaromikey

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »
like anyone brought their car because it's gas friendly :)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »
Bringing this one back to the top to see if I can get some of you newbies to vote in the poll.
Also, describe where and how you drive.

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:35 AM »
   I use it hardly at all apparently compared to a lot of the posters in this thread, unfortunately.

This Summer (around here that's June thru September, weather and road construction permitting) even with all of the rain we got maybe 300-400 miles total, and that's probably the most ever since I got the car in the early '90's.
    Being out of work since the beginning of the year makes adding 100 low lead av fuel @ $1.45 / litre to the mix a bit hard on the wallet and somewhat curbs the enthusiasm a bit...

Can't win... working & with $$'s = less time to play  verses   unemployed & without many free $$'s = lots of time but hard to justify useage.
   Past years maybe 100-200 miles per, so I guess I had more fun this, over past Summers though. Guess you could also say I'm not exactly wearing it out!

Randy