CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 09:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105719 Posts in 12341 Topics by 4754 Members
Latest Member: Jake
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Model Specific Discussions
| |-+  Foreign Camaros
| | |-+  Caracas Crossmember
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Caracas Crossmember  (Read 2769 times)
alex68rs

View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

Hi
I just check my crossmember on my caracas '68 Camaro and compare it with those in the CRG article. It is a Camaro small block crossmember ( the crossmember who fit with th-350 and all manuals trans.) In the last CRG report: It's believed the cars with automatics also had AC and power windows

My car was equipped with AC and PW back in '68 . Now My car as a Th-350 as trans, and I don't know where it came from because the numbers are all gone! I know that Th350 came from the factory on camaro in late 68.
My Crossmember is the original because it is written on in the part # and Hecho in Venezuela.

How can I be sure witch trans was there when it came out of the factory. Manual or automatic(th-350 or th400)
thanks
alex
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »

Alex,
The TH350 was only in very late cars. Yours is too early.
Assuming it had a small block in it (since I haven't heard any evidence of a BB), the auto would have been a powerglide. Should have a hole in the tunnel for the shifter cable, like pictured here - http://www.camaros.org/options.shtml#id.

Kurt S
CRG
alex68rs

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »

So If I have the small hole it was automatic (powerglide). Do you know when 1968 Caracas camaro production stop for 69.
And How can I know the assembly date of my car.  I have date for all my part but this is not the assembly date. Do you know approximatly how many caracas camaro is in north america
thanks kurt
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »

There's no way of knowing the actual production date of your car. But with a late May axle, I'd guess mid-June to early July.
I only know about a handful of Caracas cars. Most have been in Venezuela.

Kurt S
CRG
alex68rs

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

Did you know a webpage where Non-Us plant Camaros owner can talk with each other and share info and photos on this. Do we have a page like this in this forum?  Kurt, you only know a handful of caracas Camaro.... I'm starting to believe you when you say this is very rare!!
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

This forum was made for just that purpose. You can also try the Venezuelan Camaro forum.

Kurt S
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: