Author Topic: X77 Rally Sport - is this possible?  (Read 4788 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
X77 Rally Sport - is this possible?
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »
Okay, I need my head examinined...really.  After a full sub-rame off restoration on my 5th owned First gen car (69 Indy Pace Car).  I swore I would never do it again.  Ahh...how time heals all wounds.  I have forgotten all of the horrible nightmares and only seem to recall how much fun it was.  How easy everything went together and how very little money and time it actually cost me. 

I just bought a 69 Z/28 RS rolling chassis. It's an old pro street car, so I will have to remove the tubs and put back all the original sheetmetal back there.  The great news, it has NO rust.  NONE.  Very very solid body.  The trans tunnel is a little tore up, and the metal dash is missing (I will need one...anyone got one laying about?). 

Now...on to my question.  This car is an X77 car, but it has all of the rally sport items.  Headlight buckets, RS taillights and backup lights.  I thought the X33 was the Z28 with the style trim package and the X77 was without the style trim.  But I thought the RS meant you got the style trim.  I am inclined to believe that the RS stuff may have been added.  So, is it possible for an X77 to be and RS as well?

Steve

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: X77 Rally Sport - is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:35:21 PM »
Nope.
Learning more and more about less and less...