Author Topic: The Paddock  (Read 5471 times)

mikefam

• View Profile
The Paddock
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »
Can anyone give me a recommendation good or bad for The Paddock Performance and Restoration? 

http://www.paddockparts.com/

They are the only ones I can find that have Parchment seat backs for my 68 but I've never bought from them before.

Thanks, Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350

Stingr69

• View Profile
Re: The Paddock
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
No problems with the Paddock but call them to verify the physical availbillity before you order the seat back. Good advice for any vendor.

-Mark.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
Mark:

Man did you ever hit the nail right on the head. I placed an order online and received an email that both parts are back-ordered. I tried to call them during business hours and get a message that they are closed and to call back between 8am - 6pm. They also do not have an email address on their web site.

I can't say that I'm having a good time with them so far.

Mike.

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Mike,
There are vendors out there that will lie to you about availability and keep you on backorder forever and I am talking over a year. They do it as a standard practice. They will never admit it but it happens. LOTS of stuff shown in a catalog does not even exist yet, they will take your order and wait for enough suckers to get in line with you before they will actually produce it.

Let's just hope this one actualy can be ordered and delivered soon.

-Mark.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »
Mark:

Well it doesn't matter to me if they hold the order forever as long as they don't bill my charge card because I can't find the part anywhere else at this point. What concerns me is that they took my order and charge card number online but don't answer their phone and don't have an email address online. Their voice mail says that they are closed and that I should call back between 8am and 6pm and I've called several times today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Mike.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
Day two and the Paddock is still not taking phone calls. Does anyone know what is going on with them? Beware if you're thinking of placing an order with them.

Mike.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
Several posts in the last few days on CorvetteForum noting that The Paddock has suspended their "No-Hassle Return Policy" (they won't accept returns for any reason now) due to the "poor economy". Sounds like it would be prudent to exercise caution...
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
Sounds like a business that's about to go out of business.

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:17:02 PM »
I would advise that no one places an order with them unltil they at least start answering their phone. These guys have been around for so many years that I didn't hesitate to place an order online but I sure wish now that I haadn't.

I can tell you that I placed the order yesterday and today I'm still getting a voice mail saying that they are closed. I talked to my charge card company and they tell me that Paddock has not requested authorization for the charge and has not billed the card so I'd say that the lights are on but nobody's home.

Mike.

rsr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 01:42:31 AM »
Just Think about ALL the restoration part vendors out there trying to make a buck!!They'll tell you anything to make a sell even if they sell something that don't exist.Most parts are coming from a hand full of manufactures that sell to ALL the vendors!This hobby keeps on getting tougher for eveyone it seems?

anything