CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 08:36:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106642 Posts in 12433 Topics by 4791 Members
Latest Member: DEL
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  what determined the replacement for a CE block
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what determined the replacement for a CE block  (Read 1127 times)
GI JOE

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »

3) What determined the service replacement... i.e. Cracked block seems obvious, but what about a rod bearing? would they rebuild it?

SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »

3) What determined the service replacement... i.e. Cracked block seems obvious, but what about a rod bearing? would they rebuild it?

Generally, if the failure involved damage to the block (thrown rod, broken piston, dropped valve, broken crank, etc.), a new short block was installed.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Jrschev

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »

John is correct. If there was any damage to the block it was replaced. But in most cases the service rep gave the green light for an entire short block to save warranty time. It was usually an easy sell to get the rep to go this way and it was usually better for the customer as well. I've seen short block assemblies replaced because of a noise that could not be isloated. Seems hard to believe but again it was many times based on warranty time paid versus cost of replacement parts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car (05A) 350/300 L48 4-Speed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: