Author Topic: BUILD SHEET LOCATIONS  (Read 15140 times)

pjbizjak

• View Profile
BUILD SHEET LOCATIONS
« on: February 27, 2010, 08:14:07 PM »
iF i QWAS TO LOOK FOR THE BUILD SHEET OF MY 68 Z/28 CAMARO, WHERE WOULD I LOOK? I KNOW THEY WERE PLACED IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES. ON THE TOP OF THE GAS TANK IS ONE OF THOSE PLACES, ANY OTHERS?

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUILD SHEET LOCATIONS
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:12:16 PM »
If it was built at the Los angeles plant it should be on the top drivers side corner of the fuel tank.  If it was built at Norwood chances are pretty poor thatit would be in the car at all.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

jonboy1216

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »
check under the seats and the headliner

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »
check under the seats and the headliner

That won't get you anything on a Norwood car - the seats and headliner were installed in the Fisher Body Trim Shop, and the "build sheet" (Broadcast Copy) didn't exist until after the body was received by Chevrolet.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

jonboy1216

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
thats funny i found mine under the pass seat bottom

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »
Then its probably not a "build Sheet" or Broadcast Sheet, its a component tag that identified the style of the seat and the car it was destined for.  They were attached to almost all of the subcomponents that went into a car so the guys on the line would grab the right part off the conveyor for the car they were working on.  It should have the body number on it somewhere, but not the VIN if it came from Fisher.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

jonboy1216

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 12:21:23 AM »
nope broadcast sheet          from my understanding that norwood cars the sheets could be anywhere as the guy on the line either shoved in a place in the car or the trash.mine is not the exception niether my buddy found his under the drivers seat

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
Both Camaro plants used the broadcast system; the sheets are "Body Broadcast Copy" and "Chassis Broadcast Copy."

They were often left in cars after assembly for the dealer to discard during new car prep. On very rare occasion one of them may have ended up under a seat. The factory did not put them there.

After 35 years of 1st gens I can say with certainty that it is extremely unusual to find either in a Norwood car.
Learning more and more about less and less...

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
nope broadcast sheet          from my understanding that norwood cars the sheets could be anywhere as the guy on the line either shoved in a place in the car or the trash.mine is not the exception niether my buddy found his under the drivers seat

The Chevrolet Body and Chassis Broadcast Copies weren't even printed until about 30 minutes after the trimmed body arrived from Fisher Body, and the front and rear seats were already in the car from Fisher. Anything found "in the seat" would either be a Fisher UOIT tag or a cushion room tag, neither of which have any information about Chevrolet-installed equipment or options.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

68Z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 12:24:18 AM »
Only thing i found in my  Nor.68 Z was a june 1968 newspaper under drivers side carpet.

daytho1

• View Profile
    • My Camaro
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:25:54 AM »
I've got a Norwood build 67.  It was found under the passenger seat and is in immaculate condition.
67 250, Bolero Red, N25
Check Out My Restoration Pages: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=306096&ck=

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
I've got a Norwood build 67.  It was found under the passenger seat and is in immaculate condition.

It was most likely stuffed there when Chevrolet installed the front carpet, as it didn't exist yet when Fisher Body installed the front seats. The Body Broadcast Copy was teleprinted in about ten locations on the Chevrolet side of the plant for the main line and each of the feeder lines.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG