Author Topic: Where does the Trans. Vacuum Line go to on my 307 2 BBL. ...?  (Read 5708 times)

jcoriginal

• View Profile
Where does the Trans. Vacuum Line go to on my 307 2 BBL. ...?
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »
Where does the Transmission Modulator Vacuum Line connect to after it leave's the Modulator..?
Here's the stat's on the car:
69 Camaro 307....with a 2 BBL. Rochester 2GV Carburator....NO air...NO power brakes...the standard, no option basic Camaro.
Oh yes, the Modulator is on the "right" side of the 350 Turbo Hydromatic Transmission.
Thanks...Judy  ::)

BlackoutSteve

• View Profile
Re: Where does the Trans. Vacuum Line go to on my 307 2 BBL. ...?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
Do you have the Assembly Manual?
See RPO M38-A3 (pg 157)
Restoring my RHD 69 Jane in Melbourne, Australia.
http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2840

jcoriginal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:47:29 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply !....I do have that in the factory 1969 "Assembly Instructions" Manual M38-A3 (page 359). I think that's a larger engine. Series 12000.
Were looking at the same Manual but in a different format I suppose i.e. page number's differing, but same material.
The 1969 blue "Motor Manual" show's it going into a front port of the carburator just below the fuel line titled" spark advance & modulator vacuum port".
There is a second heat & vacuum port at the rear of the carburator as well, however, that is not shown.
Has anyone out there actually connected this Modulator Vacuum line to the Carburator with a "T" and hose's?..or, are you running the 2BBL vacuum out of the intake manifold..?
I had been informed the intake manifold 3/8" vacuum port was ONLY for the power brake option...and to provide the needed vacuum to the brakes, otherwise, it was plugged.
I don't have power brakes.
I realize this may be a harder question, as I'm one of the few out there, probably, that still has a factory Norwood application 2BBL on a little standard 307, with no options.  I wish to bring it back to factory specs. Most people, I'm informed, build their 69's up with 4 BBL's..totally different.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
I have always used the port on the back of the carb.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply !....I do have that in the factory 1969 "Assembly Instructions" Manual M38-A3 (page 359). I think that's a larger engine. Series 12000.
Were looking at the same Manual but in a different format I suppose i.e. page number's differing, but same material.

The installation shown in the Assembly Manual on M38, sheet A3 is correct, using a fitting in the intake manifold as shown. "Series 12000" refers to the Camaro - it's on every sheet in the manual; has nothing to do with what engine the car has.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

chucks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 01:35:16 AM »
i have a oraginal rs 307 and the trans vacume goes into manifold behind carb

anything