Author Topic: 68 rs big block a/c car  (Read 3324 times)

Crazyshopmonkey

• View Profile
68 rs big block a/c car
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »
I purchased a car 2 years ago in a sorry state and I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and I have never seen or heard of this unique combo, I do work in this industry and I was just curious, if any have seen the same mess

1968 RS
Sequoia Green, lower panel below the RS molding is black along with the tail panel
Big Block/automatic
A/C
Deluxe black interior, with center console and gauges
Badged as RS only

Looks like the car was wrecked on the drivers side some time in its life, car was in storage for 15 years before i pulled it out a basement garage
Bad decisions make good stories.

jonboy1216

• View Profile
Re: 68 rs big block a/c car
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »
does the motor vin match the dash? i was under the impression that all big block cars had to be ss which then the ss badge would take over the rs badges .that is until yenko and the rest of the copos came along in 69. i could be wrong though

Crazyshopmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:39 AM »
No motor in the car, it was determined that it was a big block because the A/C suitcase is correctly indented for a BB car, To my understanding also that the BB car and 350 cars where all badged SS that's why I am here to ask , I work at Steve's Camaro Parts, and from all records we have looked at and everyone I have talked to have not seen this before, I was hoping that maybe, someone, some where? has the same or seen the same, I guess that someone in the 70's could have swapped in a BB air conditioning suitcase and a BB
Bad decisions make good stories.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »
The plumbing is also different on a BB AC box.
Does the axle #'s match the car?

Yes, it should be badged as a SS. Should be able to tell if the badges were swapped or if the engine was swapped. :)
Kurt S
CRG