Author Topic: '69 Camaro " - - " Paint Code Question  (Read 7901 times)

69Z

• View Profile
'69 Camaro " - - " Paint Code Question
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:09:41 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to decide on a unique color combo for my '69 Camaro X33 coded Z28.  The trim tag has the special paint " - - " code, so it must have been ordered in another GM color, or stripe delete.  I have considered the unique color combo of Tuxedo Black with Cortez Silver "Z" stripes, but only if I could verify that GM painted any stripes in colors other than black or white.  The interior code is 712, the deluxe comfort weave in solid black.  Does anyone have any evidence that GM ever painted any special order stripe colors?
I guess someone could have ordered the car stripe delete and then had the dealer paint stripes in the color of his choice.

Thank you for any comments and/or suggestions.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: '69 Camaro " - - " Paint Code Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »
The only known stripe colors for Z/28 are black & white. Orange for Z10 & Z11 only. There was discussion sometime back of a Burgundy Z/28 with red stripes but it did not have a special paint code.

There are a few -  - Z/28s with non-approved paint/stripe colors: a 71 71 car with black and a 52 52 car with white.
Learning more and more about less and less...

olympic69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »
Any Idea what color it was from the factory?

Rob
Rob
Olympic Gold X33

"Its all crazy..."

munciebearcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:57:29 AM »
I have a 69 Rally Sport Convertible in Cortez Silver.  The grill area is painted black and rear where the taillights are is also painted black.  Did Camaros come with this two color paint job.  I am going to repaint in Cortez Silver and I will paint the areas in black if that was original for 69.  If you have any knowledge in this area please email me!

Thanks,

Munciebearcat

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »
In production, I believe the only units with the tail panel painted black were SS big-blocks.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG