Author Topic: what is my car?  (Read 2663 times)

fastz

• View Profile
what is my car?
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »
Hello there fellow camaro enthuist
I have a car that I need help determining what kind of car it was/is. Vin number12437L504371.

Cowl Tag goes as follows:
St 69 12437 LOS 101162
TR 715         53 E PNT
10C               L256

Block has 3963512 stamped on the back along with hi-per pass F8.
I could not see any numbers on the front of the block but there was a lot of paint and I will have to look again to see if I can find any numbers. Is there any other place to look for numbers?

Numbers on the heads we 3917215 with G 5 7 also on the heads.

The car has a 12 bolt multi leaf with 308 gears and m20 trans.  I do not think the trans is orig to the car.

How do you find out what kind of car the LOS cars were. ss. rs. ss/rs? and what motor should be in this car?

This car needs paint ( no rust at all) and a little work on the inside but, smells nice.

Does any of this stuff go together and is it worth anything? 

Thanks Sarah

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: what is my car?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:32:18 AM »
Like early Norwood-built 69s there is nothing on an LOS tag to indicate orignal build configuration. The VIN indicates it is an 8 cylinder coupe [2437]; that's it. The original colors were Glacier blue with Parchment vinyl roof cover and blue standard interior. The car was built the 3rd week of October 1968. Big-block cars have different components such as heater, A/C equipment, radiator so those can be an indicator. The block was used during '69 but the heads are 67-68.

LOS-built cars often have a Body Broadcast Sheet taped to the top of the fuel tank. Condition can range from good to poor. Get the tank out and post the info.

A rust-free CA Camaro has plenty of value!
Learning more and more about less and less...