Author Topic: weathered bushings everywhere  (Read 4853 times)

william1

• View Profile
weathered bushings everywhere
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »
  she rides great, goes  and stops straight, but the front of my 69 z just looks like i should be doing something done about it, i have the 69 service and fisher manual, i have looked for a post on this and maybe i have overlook it, but i wondering about any pointers on a slow and steady approach to this job.

77thor

• View Profile
Re: weathered bushings everywhere
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »
If they are just weathered, I wouldn't worry about them.
Although you could spray some WD-40 on them to make them look better.

If they are disintegrating/falling apart, then they need to be replaced.
1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)

william1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
 ok update,, what a difference this makes,,, everything except pitman arm and upper and lower control arms , even adjustment to steering gear, which took some learning, i'm headed for the rear now, 

william1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:25:11 PM »
ok update,, what a difference this makes,,, everything except pitman arm and upper and lower control arms , even adjustment to steering gear, which took some learning, i'm headed for the rear now, 
finished up with the rear a week or so ago,, eaton replacement coil and rear springs, bushings, brackets, i bolts, etc, i have to tell you i thought i screwed up at first, when i first set it down on the ground, i said oh no, did they send me the right springs, but after moving it and driving it,, there perfect, all of this answered the question,, are my springs tired, i'm happy i spent the time and money.