Author Topic: FIRESTONE REDLINE RERPODUCTION TIRE STICKER  (Read 3712 times)

SSMUNDY

• TRIPLE BLACK 1967 CAMARO SS/RS CONVERTIBLE
    • View Profile
FIRESTONE REDLINE RERPODUCTION TIRE STICKER
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
Does anyone make a reproduction tire sticker for the Firestone Super Sport  Redlines? I am refering to the mostly yellow identification sticker that is placed on the tread at the factory. I know the one that Coker puts on their tires is similar to the original, but it has the bar code on it making it look out of place on an old car. I was considering having some made up, but I don't need 100 of the things. Any help would be appeciated.
Thanks,
Sean

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: FIRESTONE REDLINE RERPODUCTION TIRE STICKER
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
Factory-installed tires never had stickers of any kind on the tread - the stickers were only on tires sold at retail outlets.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

SSMUNDY

• TRIPLE BLACK 1967 CAMARO SS/RS CONVERTIBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
JohnZ,
I was going to put the sticker on the spare tire in the trunk. Did the spare tires not have the identification sticker applied? There are a few nicely restored cars in the area that have stickers on the spare tires. Some the original sticker. I have also seen a very nice 69 in the area that has a code marked on the spare in grease pencil. I think it was (-24). What, if anything did that mean?
Thanks,
Sean

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »
JohnZ,
I was going to put the sticker on the spare tire in the trunk. Did the spare tires not have the identification sticker applied? There are a few nicely restored cars in the area that have stickers on the spare tires. Some the original sticker. I have also seen a very nice 69 in the area that has a code marked on the spare in grease pencil. I think it was (-24). What, if anything did that mean?
Thanks,
Sean

As I noted above, factory-installed tires did NOT have any tread sticker; many folks don't know that, and apply a sticker anyway - that's not correct. Some tires (usually the first one in the five-tire set) had the last two digits of the broadcast sequence numbers written on the inboard sidewall to keep track of the sequence when the tires were scheduled into the tire/wheel mounting system.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything