Author Topic: Help with head lamps on 67 RS  (Read 4308 times)

heckler

• View Profile
Help with head lamps on 67 RS
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »
 >:( I'm very mad.  I can't believe the bulbs in my 67 camaro resto actually mount with the halogen light turned sideways.

Is this actually the case?  Called Napa and they confirmed the part number of the lamp.  Hard to believe the writting on the face of the light doesn't read left to right when mounted.

Is this supposed to be the case?

Thank for all your help!!!!

Mike

heckler

• View Profile
Re: Help with head lamps on 67 RS
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »
Come on people...everyone here has a camaro correct?????????

Go to the garage and take a look.

Help?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mike

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »
Well I am in Honduras and my cars are in Kentucky but I will take a guess at it.  If memory serves me correctly the headlights are round and are held in by the ring that goes around the outside of the headlight and has a lip that goes over the outer portion of the front of the sealed beam.  If that is the case as I remember, you should be able to loosen the mounting screws and rotate the headlight to any orientation you would like.
Russ

heckler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 01:00:48 AM »
On my 67 it only fits one way because the bulb has depressions in the back so you can't turn it any way but one.  The frame the bulb sits in only has one way to mount because of the location of the 2 aiming screws that are north and east on the right and north and west on the left.

??

Mike

Thats a long plane trip.....

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »
On my 67 it only fits one way because the bulb has depressions in the back so you can't turn it any way but one.  The frame the bulb sits in only has one way to mount because of the location of the 2 aiming screws that are north and east on the right and north and west on the left.

??

Mike

Thats a long plane trip.....

Well I took a guess.  It has been a few years since I had to change a headlight.  As for the plane trip, 2 1/2 hours to Houston and 2 1/2 hours to San Pedro Sula.
Russ

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »
Dosen't sound right. I have been using Halogens since they were illegal. Failed inspection here in NJ for several cards back then. The writing on the face has always read left to right on my cars. Haven't gotten around to the Camaro bulbs yet. Since this is a high & low beam bulb, when you hit the high beam, does the beam move up or to the side?
If it goes up like it should, I wouldn't worry about the text, or find a brand that has the text the way you like it.
If it goes to the side something is wrong that needs to be fixed.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything