CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 08:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104927 Posts in 12260 Topics by 4727 Members
Latest Member: Z10 Paceman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  1967 Deluxe Interior Sheetmetal Paint Gloss
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1967 Deluxe Interior Sheetmetal Paint Gloss  (Read 1348 times)
ZL1DAY

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »

My 67 Camaro is currently being finished in Tuxedo Black.  My car came with deluxe interior.  My question is in regards to the "Gloss" of the interior sheetmetal paint.  Should the top of the doors, dash and dash top, and sheetmetal around the rear seat and package tray be in full Gloss Tuxedo Black or did the factory do a 80% Gloss, Semi-Gloss, etc.Huh?
Buddy

hurcousa
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »

I believe full gloss except the Dash top had an additive that made it less reflective. Not sure if it was flattener or some sort of crinkle agent. I guess it depended on year also, maybe someone else can chime in.

BM
Sauron327

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 06:40:34 AM »

Metal interior parts were not gloss but the dash top was flat suede. PPG 9266 or SEM Trim Black #39143 can be used except on the dash top. For the top  you can have your supplier mix it, use Krylon's finer textured paint or buy it fron CHP (Jerry M. has it). Some guys use Rustoleum 7777 for the semi-gloss. SEM lays down nice but is costly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: