Author Topic: Fuel line length...  (Read 2454 times)

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Fuel line length...
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Hi guys..
  I was wondering if anyone knew what the length, id, and fitting size is of the steel fuel line that goes from the actual pump to Y block fitting at the carb on a '68 Z? I never had one on my car and made one up from fuel injector rubber hose (so I could put a filter inline on the way up the front of the block) and it worked well but I always knew it wasn't the safest or most decorative way to do it, to say the least!
  Since lately I have had trouble with the line leaking where it goes into one side of my double pumper I decided to order a new splitter line from Holley and got one with a 5/8-18 flared fitting where the line from the fuel pump connects up to it. I can see from many of the pictures of original cars the general configuration of the steel factory line that I want to mimic from the Y block area down to the pump, but since I don't have a flaring tool or fittings available to me would like to buy a preflared line to bend to do the job. Thus the request for a rough length measurement, diameter, and flare size dimensions of an original.
  Also I asssume the originals were steel, but would there be a downside to using other materials in creating my clone line?
Thanks for any and all replies - Randy