Author Topic: front grill & bezels  (Read 4950 times)

MarkB

• View Profile
front grill & bezels
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:20:25 PM »
For a 1969 Z28 standard front grill:
1.   What color should the grill be?
2.   What color should the bezels be?
3.   Should there be chrome on any part of the grill?
4.   Should there be chrome on any part of the bezels?

Thanks
MarkB

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: front grill & bezels
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »
Mark, the grill "eggcrate" area inside the chrome should be silver. Everything outside the chrome is body color. The headlight bezels will also be silver, and if the car has the Style Trim Group then there will be chrome trim on the bezels that are accented in black, but the bezels are still silver. The grill is the same whether the car has the Style Trim Group or not. I hope this helps...............RatPack..................

See this link also:      http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml#1969Grille

Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

MarkB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
Hi, the wife here.

He does not have the Style Trim,  I guess his main question is on the front grill bezels, should there be chrome and if yes, when.  The car most recently had a black grill, and in this resoration process he has discovered that it should be the silver.
 This is a '69 Z28 .  It does have the DZ engine.  (if any of that matters for the question)  It had org. standard black interior

Thanks
Mark B

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
there was a recent thread about this: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4185.0
There are some photos there that may help.
Depending on where you are located, or if you are going to Carlisle, I might be interested in the used black grill.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
Here's a photo of my original '69 Z/28 with Style Trim - note the bright chrome ring on the front of the bezel, with black between the bright and the headlamp. Without Style Trim, there's no chrome ring. The bezel color always matches the "egg-crate" portion of the grille, and all non-RS Z/28's have silver grilles.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
there was a recent thread about this: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4185.0
There are some photos there that may help.
Depending on where you are located, or if you are going to Carlisle, I might be interested in the used black grill.

I started that thread so I´m familiar with the quest! I´ve just painted the egg mesh Argent silver and I think it went ok!

Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

anything