Author Topic: GM Heritage Center Info...  (Read 5819 times)

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
GM Heritage Center Info...
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
Has anyone order an information package from GMs Heritage Center for a Camaro? It costs $50. Is it worth it?

Here is what is offered:

Vintage Vehicle Information ($50)
The GM Heritage Center can provide model-specific Vintage Vehicle Information Packages. For a fee of $50, the GM Heritage Center will decode the vehicle identification number (VIN), the body plate/trim tag codes and provide photocopies of product literature including (when available):
Divisional Engineering Specifications
AMA/MVMA Specifications
Product Selling Information/Salesperson's Guides
Options and Accessories Information
Paint and Trim Guides
Sales Literature
Owner's Literature
Production Volumes
The amount of information varies from model to model. Information relevant to a specific model if available will be mailed USPS.
Information Packages are available for the following Makes and Model Years:
Cadillac - All Years
Chevrolet - All Model Years
GMC - All Model Years
Oldsmobile - All Model Years
Pontiac - 1926 to 1958
Saab - All Model Years
Saturn All Model Years
68 07D SS350
John

cancam69

• View Profile
Re: GM Heritage Center Info...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
You are talking about the service offered in canada right? I dont think this service is offered in the US....yes, I used this service....george is a great Guy to deal with....definately worth the 50 Dollars!!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:36 AM »
This package used to be free. Has some good info in it. Not sure I'd pay $50 for it though....
Kurt S
CRG

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
Yeah I was debating if it was worth it. I can pick up a couple of pretty good reference books for that price and already decoded the info myself.

Camcam69
I am refering to a packet that The center offers for US made vehicles. General info etc. They started charging for it. I should have ordered it years ago for free.
68 07D SS350
John

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
I got it free a few years ago.  Worth having, in my opinion.  Not sure if the $50 price tag is justified.  Definitely not a bargain or a great value at that price, but still a good reference piece to complement your car.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »
Does this replace, or is it in addition to, the "Restoration Package" that Chevrolet has offered free for many years through the (800) 222-1020 number? This service is managed for Chevrolet by MSX International.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
John,

That is the number I called. After the prompts I ended up leaving a message. They were very responsive and returned my call this morning. I spoke to representative at the Heritage Center who stated that the package of information was still available but at the $50 Charge. The information in the package is listed in the fisrt post on this thread.

She also said tha they do have some photos of vehicles that can be used as a comparison for restoration. etc.

68 07D SS350
John

cancam69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »
Yeah I was debating if it was worth it. I can pick up a couple of pretty good reference books for that price and already decoded the info myself.

Camcam69
I am refering to a packet that The center offers for US made vehicles. General info etc. They started charging for it. I should have ordered it years ago for free.

Sorry, my bad....I thought it was the GM Vintage Vehicle Service offered up here in Canada.

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »
George Zapora of GM Canada can provide you with a GM Camaro model/year info packet even if your car is not in the Canadian Database. It will not be specific to your particular car details but it is informative. I just got mine from him recently. I think it was less than $50. He charged me a small fee for research as my car did not come up in the GM Canada Database. He sends out the Camaro year model GM info packet either way.  :)

-Mark.