Author Topic: Licenseplates.tv - anyone use these guys?  (Read 3571 times)

my124677n

• View Profile
Licenseplates.tv - anyone use these guys?
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:09:18 PM »
And how original do you think their plates look. I have one California plate for my '67 and thought I might get one made to match.  Not sure if they are good enough to pass by the DMV as the second plate.

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
Re: Licenseplates.tv - anyone use these guys?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
If you stack them and they "lock" into place, maybe they will pass. If you get one of the veteran DMV people, they are smart cookies.
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Tricky, slippery slope with this topic.
I have seen their products come out BOTH perfect and a disaster (COLOR & FONT) with a poor outcome after both sides many attempts to resolve. (Long story)

Offcialy,, they make great Garage art plates.

Jim
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:52:02 PM »
There are a couple of Tri-five owners in our club here in NC that have and use those plates.  Don't know what California says, but when one of those guys went out of NC to SC, he got pulled almost immediatley.  SC cop said it wasn't original.  NC law says you have to have a current NC tag that you carry with you when you are running a year of manufacture tag.  So, the SC cop stood right there while he changed to his current NC tag.  Go figure...  ::)
My 68 has an original NC 68 tag, but I carry both the current tag and a copy of the NC statute on old tags with me.  The other week a policeman pulled in behind me at a light and I could see he was running my old tag on his computer.  When we got to the next light, he looked over at me, so I held up my current tag.  He grinned, waved and drove on....  ;D ;) ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director