Author Topic: A new Camaro we can all relate to  (Read 18345 times)

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
Re: A new Camaro we can all relate to
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
I think they are nice too but performance wise for money, I would go the direction of the Z06.
68 07D SS350
John

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 04:52:49 AM »
Has anyone noticed that the Camaro is not on the list of cars that GM is supposedly going to keep building in the next few years after restructuring?...................RatPack.................
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 05:29:47 AM »
If you have the $$$$, take a look at a 2010 Shelby (I work at SVT). That car is HOT!!!

I think they are nice too but performance wise for money, I would go the direction of the Z06.

Sorry guys, this is the car you want...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5933399906777110441&ei=SsEgSp64EJrcqAOFkI2RCg&q=zr1+corvette&hl=en

;D

Paul

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »
Dad......Can I borrow some money?   ;D

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
Has anyone noticed that the Camaro is not on the list of cars that GM is supposedly going to keep building in the next few years after restructuring?...................RatPack.................

Don't know what list you saw, but GM announced last week that the Camaro convertible was still on track and would launch in early 2011, a year later than originally planned.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:03:31 PM by JohnZ »
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »
Yeah the Shelby is hot, but the SS with the LS3 is only 3 thenths slower and is $20k less. The fastest I have seen the Shelby go is 12.40 so that is .55 seconds quicker than the SS, but the SS is still less money and has 120 less hp  :-[ ...... So you FORD boys need to start thinking about how to do it for less money and with less hp, and not using a supercharger to get it done  ;D ......... The V6 Camaro is darn near as fast as a new GT, and that is pitiful for Ford  :-[ ..... Oh and if you want hot, go get you a new Hennessy Camaro SS... 11.67 at 121mph in the quarter, same price as a Shelby, and only 10hp more..........RatPack........

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 04:15:21 AM »
Sad thing is, by my sources at the Chevy dealership, there is a whole field of new Camaros in Canada--hundreds--just sitting there. GM won't release them for some reason--the recall--Obama--who knows? We could sell every dang one we could get, IF we could get them. Ford caught GM with it's pants down with the redesigned Mushrat--just like 1964-1/2 Mustang did--but today the Camaros are already built and people want them. They just can't get them. GM is doling them out like crack hits to a junkie. They would be an immediate sales boost to the floundering company. I guess the now Government Motors has been forced to concentrate on jellybeans no one wants. It's a sad day for the Camaro.
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »

didn't you guy's see that memo ? GM stopped making camaro's in mid 1970 with the end of the 1969 model production year !
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
Sad thing is, by my sources at the Chevy dealership, there is a whole field of new Camaros in Canada--hundreds--just sitting there. GM won't release them for some reason--the recall--Obama--who knows?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with "Obama". That's common assembly plant practice to contain the affected population of cars when there's a retrofit required and they're awaiting parts and manpower to perform it.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

cancam69

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Sad thing is, by my sources at the Chevy dealership, there is a whole field of new Camaros in Canada--hundreds--just sitting there. GM won't release them for some reason--the recall--Obama--who knows? We could sell every dang one we could get, IF we could get them. Ford caught GM with it's pants down with the redesigned Mushrat--just like 1964-1/2 Mustang did--but today the Camaros are already built and people want them. They just can't get them. GM is doling them out like crack hits to a junkie. They would be an immediate sales boost to the floundering company. I guess the now Government Motors has been forced to concentrate on jellybeans no one wants. It's a sad day for the Camaro.

I dont know who your source is...but like I said in my previous post....I work very close to where the camaro is being built....they had to add extra shifts to meet demand and the Trucks roll by my office non stop full of camaros' on a constant basis....where are they going??

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 03:13:55 AM »
   Thanks, John Z! That cleared that right up. I figured it might have something to do with the retrofit. That explains why we can't get them, but it doesn't explain why GM is hoarding them and not fixing them for release. Like cancam said--with the extra shifts to produce them in such numbers, where are they going? They're not coming to the dealerships except in VERY limited numbers, with no promise dates for more deliveries. Our immediate area has received exactly 3 and all were sold before they arrived or the day they were delivered.
   And right on, RS3! Any Camaro after the 1969 model year is just a pretender.
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »
Well they are getting delivered here locally each week it seems like now. I got word another two shipments will be delivered soon and all are SS models, total of 14. Here is a shot of the last load of 1LT's which makes the total now 15 within the past two weeks......................RatPack.......................

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »

didn't you guy's see that memo ? GM stopped making camaro's in mid 1970 with the end of the 1969 model production year !

Hi five!!
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »
Here's where one of them went. It is headed to my garage tomorrow afternoon.   8)

-Mark.

anything