Author Topic: Anything's missing??  (Read 3560 times)

emanuelK

• View Profile
Anything's missing??
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »
Hi. I noticed this looks like there's something missing.

What is correct? It's a 1967 convertible.

Thanks /Emanuel

emanuelK

• View Profile
Re: Anything's missing??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »
I'm having problems making a good description of this (language thing  ;D) but I'll try.
I hope you can see it's the passenger side door on the image. The edge along the cover inside the windshield frame does not mate anything but ends up with a gap. You can see this as the light (yellow) color. Also the profile coming up from the sidekick-panel ends in nothing. It looks like the edge shall be covered by something else.

I checked classics complete catalog without finding parts close to this other than the sidekick panels.

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:36 AM »
I am not sure if the 67 convertibles used them or not, but there are some plastic "fillers" that attach to that edge on the 67 coupe models to hide that area once the pillar moldings are installed. Those pieces are not reproduced at this time. I tried to get your picture to enlarge so I could make sure that is the area you are talking about, but the link did not work for me at this time. You will also need to paint that area the body color as some portion of it "may" be seen once the interior "A-pillar" moldings are installed.  I will try and get you a picture of the pieces  that are not available so you can try and figure out how to fabricate something that will work. I hope this helps..............RatPack...................
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

emanuelK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
Good to know. I also appriciate any ideas where to find a pair.
Thanks a lot.