Author Topic: 67 AIM sources  (Read 5855 times)

qwertyme77

• View Profile
67 AIM sources
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
I've read alot of posts on this forum and many refer to the AIM. I don't have one yet but I do want to buy one now. I have read that there are issues with some pages being hard to read, so I want to buy the best copy possible. I've seen on ebay many different sellers and versions but I don't want to buy one that someone has recopied to resell. So my question is where can I find the most legible copy???

thanx. paul.

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 67 AIM sources
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »
Paul, best bet is to stick to any of the major Camaro parts suppliers such as Year One, Camaro Central, Rick's First Generation, etc. over an Ebay vendor. Camaro Central sells on Ebay, and those guys are very reputable to deal with as I deal with them weekly..... Most all vendors get theirs from Millenium Industries who was the ones that have permission from GM to reprint them. The number of pages that are not legible is insignificant compared to the information contained in them that one can use. However, this manual is not the end all source for helping you put your car back together as it only pertains to assemblies done by Chevrolet and not by Fisher Body. Besides the AIM, you need to pick up a Fisher Body Service Manual, Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual, and a Chevrolet Chassis Overhaul Manual. These books cover more in depth repairs for the car, but also can aid you in taking something apart of putting it back together. I hope this helps answer your question.............RatPack................
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

vtfb68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
Hi guys,
 I have a 1968 "FACTORY ASSEMBLY MANUAL" that i found about thirty years ago, it's a copy from DRAFTING GRAPHIC # 3918855
it has many handwritten notes and dates in the revision box on the bottom of the pages. Is this considered the A.I.M.?
 Thank you all,
   VT
68 05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
68 08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
67 11B LA  RS/SS M-1 797-Z L48 M21  Convertible

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
Paul, best bet is to stick to any of the major Camaro parts suppliers such as Year One, Camaro Central, Rick's First Generation, etc. over an Ebay vendor. Camaro Central sells on Ebay, and those guys are very reputable to deal with as I deal with them weekly..... Most all vendors get theirs from Millenium Industries who was the ones that have permission from GM to reprint them. The number of pages that are not legible is insignificant compared to the information contained in them that one can use. However, this manual is not the end all source for helping you put your car back together as it only pertains to assemblies done by Chevrolet and not by Fisher Body. Besides the AIM, you need to pick up a Fisher Body Service Manual, Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual, and a Chevrolet Chassis Overhaul Manual. These books cover more in depth repairs for the car, but also can aid you in taking something apart of putting it back together. I hope this helps answer your question.............RatPack................

I already have the 1967 Fisher Body Service Manual, an ORIGINAL 1967 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual ( pics were better than the repro),  Chevrolet By The Numbers by Alan Colvin (copyright 1994 4th printing), The 1967-1968 Camaro Reference Book by Hooper (2nd printing June 1998), and Big Book of Camaro Data, 1967-1973 by Hooper, (copyright 1995), the "new" Genuine Camaro White Book, by Michael Antonick (copyright 1993 printed Feb 1993), and the Camaro Restoration Guide 1967-1969, by Jason Scott (copyright 1997)

I guess I have to get another book in addition the the AIM.

Thanx for the info.
paul.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55:30 PM »
Hi guys,
 I have a 1968 "FACTORY ASSEMBLY MANUAL" that i found about thirty years ago, it's a copy from DRAFTING GRAPHIC # 3918855
it has many handwritten notes and dates in the revision box on the bottom of the pages. Is this considered the A.I.M.?
 Thank you all,
   VT

vtfb68;        I don't know about that book, but it sounds important to me. Maybe scan the cover and a few pages to post here and see what the pros say.

paul.

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
That is the AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual)................RatPack...............
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

anything