Author Topic: need Help with brackets alt p/s sbc short water pump  (Read 3241 times)

Da67Kid

• View Profile
need Help with brackets alt p/s sbc short water pump
« on: March 31, 2009, 11:05:07 PM »
Hi all I need a little help i have a 67  with a 383/350 for the sake of the p/s cup.  my alt is on the pass side i would like to put it back to the correct side driver side. I need to find the mounts to do so Pics would help. i have headers and a short water pump. i also found my p/s bracket the one between the motor Mount and block is cracked so i need that also.I have seen some on ebay but they are not what is one my car but the seller (lonestarcarparts) Item number: 190292285569 says they are what i need?? any help would be great thanks.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: need Help with brackets alt p/s sbc short water pump
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
Do you have the '67 Assembly Manual? It shows illustrations and part numbers for all the accessory drive parts, and the Camaro parts houses (like Rick's, Classic, etc.) have the parts.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Da67Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »
No i do not have a manual. I moved my alt to pass side in 88 because of my headers and a belt misalignment I have a 350 now instead of the 327 and the balancer was bigger so i got a different cup for it when i put the 383/350 in. i would like to put alt back so it looks some what correct but i have to get the correct bracket for what i got but the headers seam to be an issue when it comes to the factory brackets .

Da67Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:08:11 AM »
The chrome ones for headers  that ricks sells does not work on my car it gives me a misaligned belt and leak header. that is why i moved my alt to pass side in the late 80s. need some help see what people are using?

anything