CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 05:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97077 Posts in 11682 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  I need some help with my Camaro trim tag
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need some help with my Camaro trim tag  (Read 2919 times)
67VanNuys

View Profile Email
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:02:04 PM »

I own a 1967 Camaro and most of the trim tag is unreadable. The VIN is 124377L103053 The car I was told is a SS350, 4 speed and no console car. The trim tags very chewed up since I recieved the car from a classic car wrecking yard.

So far all I can really read is this:

09C
ST 67-12       LOS-
TR   76                N-N
 E   2L
      4P

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to restore her. The car itself is only the shell with interior sans rearend, drivetrain and front doghouse(subframe and suspension is there). I will be spending the next six months putting her back together.
1968RSZ28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:04:37 AM »

Hi & welcome -

Could you post a photo of the cowl tag?

Paul
67VanNuys

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 02:17:05 AM »

I won't be able to get to it for about a week. I'm on vacation starting Sunday. My friend owns the yard and I own the vehicle now so he put it aside.
tom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »

Tags are soft metal. be careful if you try to clean it, you could make things worse if you use anything like a scraper or wire brush.

69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speedo
67VanNuys

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »

Yeah I think someone already had a go at it with a wire brush. I can barely makeout what's there to begin with. I'm going to see it next Sunday since I'm going on a nice week vacation. I can't wait to get back here and get on it. Sorry for joining up asking a question and bailing for a week......

I know I have to go to a tag reman company so I'll lookup some books as well as maybe some internet help. Any suggestions?
1968RSZ28

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »

I know I have to go to a tag reman company so I'll lookup some books as well as maybe some internet help. Any suggestions?

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#67Codes

Paul
67VanNuys

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

I'm going to have SWAG it then. I can't read the code to the Fisher body code and can't find the production day for Van Nuys. I guess I'll talk to the data tag people and see if I can swing one, yay.
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:24:59 AM »

Post a picture or email one to me.

Kurt S
CRG
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

michael-l.campbell@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »

From the info. you have given,

TR  76 - there was only 3 interior options that started with 76 and they were all Black.     the N-N   PAINT code is
                                                                                                                          Madiera Maroon lower&upper
the  E in option group 1 is Tinted Windows(all) - option group2  L is 4 spd. floor shifter
option group4 P is SS 350                                                                                   
                                                                                   Hope this helps, sounds like maybe you knew this much.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: