Author Topic: I need some help with my Camaro trim tag  (Read 6825 times)

67VanNuys

• View Profile
I need some help with my Camaro trim tag
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:02:04 AM »
I own a 1967 Camaro and most of the trim tag is unreadable. The VIN is 124377L103053 The car I was told is a SS350, 4 speed and no console car. The trim tags very chewed up since I recieved the car from a classic car wrecking yard.

So far all I can really read is this:

09C
ST 67-12       LOS-
TR   76                N-N
 E   2L
      4P

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to restore her. The car itself is only the shell with interior sans rearend, drivetrain and front doghouse(subframe and suspension is there). I will be spending the next six months putting her back together.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: I need some help with my Camaro trim tag
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »
Hi & welcome -

Could you post a photo of the cowl tag?

Paul

67VanNuys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:17:05 AM »
I won't be able to get to it for about a week. I'm on vacation starting Sunday. My friend owns the yard and I own the vehicle now so he put it aside.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
Tags are soft metal. be careful if you try to clean it, you could make things worse if you use anything like a scraper or wire brush.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

67VanNuys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
Yeah I think someone already had a go at it with a wire brush. I can barely makeout what's there to begin with. I'm going to see it next Sunday since I'm going on a nice week vacation. I can't wait to get back here and get on it. Sorry for joining up asking a question and bailing for a week......

I know I have to go to a tag reman company so I'll lookup some books as well as maybe some internet help. Any suggestions?

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »
I know I have to go to a tag reman company so I'll lookup some books as well as maybe some internet help. Any suggestions?

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#67Codes

Paul

67VanNuys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:14 AM »
I'm going to have SWAG it then. I can't read the code to the Fisher body code and can't find the production day for Van Nuys. I guess I'll talk to the data tag people and see if I can swing one, yay.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:59 AM »
Post a picture or email one to me.
Kurt S
CRG

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 05:15:57 AM »
From the info. you have given,

TR  76 - there was only 3 interior options that started with 76 and they were all Black.     the N-N   PAINT code is
                                                                                                                          Madiera Maroon lower&upper
the  E in option group 1 is Tinted Windows(all) - option group2  L is 4 spd. floor shifter
option group4 P is SS 350                                                                                   
                                                                                   Hope this helps, sounds like maybe you knew this much.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

anything