Author Topic: No radio.... need ground straps?  (Read 4221 times)

ccargo

• View Profile
No radio.... need ground straps?
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:36:43 AM »
A radio was not ordered with my 68 L78 so would the engine compartment still have radio ground straps? What about noise filters? I expect an "adda boy" for correctly wording my question :)

I've attached a couple shots of the radio plate and cardboard speaker hole cover for those who are interested. The sliver of black cloth tape shown with the radio plate is what was used to hold the cardboard speaker cover in place. Although it gave up holding years ago!
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

ccargo

• View Profile
Re: No radio.... need ground straps?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:51:10 AM »
While I'm on the topic of my car I was wondering if anyone would have a clue to what label/sticker might have been applied to the interior of the glove box door opposite the tire pressure label? I just noticed it the other day and was curious since the residue looks similar to that of the pressure label only this was rectangle. Maybe a Scooby Doo sticker?
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
my 68z radio delete had no ground straps.  i used duct tape to hold the speaker cover.

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »
While I'm on the topic of my car I was wondering if anyone would have a clue to what label/sticker might have been applied to the interior of the glove box door opposite the tire pressure label?

Nothing from the factory that's for sure!  Could have been a Scooby sticker, could have been anything!  My guess is an old service station repair/service sticker...like the oil change one's we would stick in the door jambs.  Man I hated doing that to people’s cars but my boss always insisted!!!
Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

stovebolt

• 1968 L6 Sport Coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
The right hand side depression on the inside of the glove compartment door has no decal on my 1968 Sport Coupe two owner survivor.
For those interested, here are a couple more shots of the speaker grille block-off cardboard and tape, used on radio-delete cars.