Author Topic: YJ Wheel W/ Mfr. Sticker  (Read 3953 times)

cancam69

• View Profile
YJ Wheel W/ Mfr. Sticker
« on: February 24, 2009, 01:27:16 AM »
Hi everyone....awesome Forum you have here....been lurking for a while and finally decided to register......been in this Classic car addiction for well over 28 Years....unfortunately, I took a 10 Year holiday (priorities...you know, career, Kids etc)...anywho, I tucked my 69 Camaro away back in 2001 and I was supposed to have her out on the road last Summer.....nope, Wife decided a European Vacation was more important >:(...so, now the interest has hit me full tilt again....first order of Business was to get rid of the Centerline Rims I have on the Car (they were the rage when I last drove it) so the Hunt was on for a set of original 14 x 7 Ralleye wheels...this past weekend I located and purchased a nice set of YJ wheels....I've had at least 50-60 of these wheels over the years but, I have never come across this...maybe some of you have....well, I am sure you have.....one of the wheels still has the Mfrs. original sticker on the inside....I thought it was kinda neat.....heres a picture of it.....do any of these part numbers coincide w/ GM's numbers?

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
Re: YJ Wheel W/ Mfr. Sticker
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 05:21:38 AM »
   Looks like a Kelsey-Hayes sticker--I believe they were the original vendor. Oddly enough, I have a couple of 14x8 Keystone Klassic wheels from the mid-70s that still have the SEMA stickers on them. It's always fun to discover this kinda stuff!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 07:50:21 PM »
That's a Kelsey-Hayes retail replacement wheel; they were furnished painted gray all over so they wouldn't rust in warehouse storage. OEM wheels were supplied to the assembly plants raw, where they were dip-primed black and the outer face was then sprayed the appropriate color with wheel enamel.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

cancam69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »
That's a Kelsey-Hayes retail replacement wheel; they were furnished painted gray all over so they wouldn't rust in warehouse storage. OEM wheels were supplied to the assembly plants raw, where they were dip-primed black and the outer face was then sprayed the appropriate color with wheel enamel.

Cool! So, you were able to buy from KH direct? The wheels are stamped K19-11-YJ and in the center hub (near the Lug Holes) it has the K19 on one hump and GM on another and an E on another...thanks for the explanation John....I dont know what fascinates me more...the Car itself or the "Archeology" aspect that is involved in the research of these great Vehicles....for me...it would be the latter.