Author Topic: Could my 69Z be one of the first extended production Z's/ early Aug 1969 build  (Read 4699 times)

samanatoo

• 69 Z28 Hugger Orange/Orange Houndstooth
    • View Profile
Vin Sequential number for my car is  N672077.   I see in Jerry's book August cars start with N670000 end with N678000.   Anyone else have a early August build Z?

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
There's several earlier August Z's out there.
Kurt S
CRG

JohnF

• View Profile
I have 671655.
     John

samanatoo

• View Profile
Cool John    our cars may not have ever been when u think about it. Turning 40 years  old soon too  what color is your ride?

JohnF

• View Profile
samanatoo,
               I sent you a private note.
                  John

samanatoo

• View Profile
Hey John first welcome to the site and all the members have been very helpfull with my car.     

First your car was built alittle before mine and is still an O8C date on the  trim tag interesting. You would think that would mean 3rd week right, well No they skipped the 08B code so 08B cars do not exist.  I calulated that my car was finished some time between the 7th an dthe 11th of August using the numbers found on this site and in Jerry's book. My car is 672077 and yours is a few hundred before mine and both are 08C cowl tag dates.   They produced aprox 300 cars per day.

As far as the dates on variouss parts on your car being earlier than the norm, mine are too.     This can be because the August and on, extended camaro production, was begun without much notice at all do to the problems with the much anticipated 1970 model witch is know as a 1970 1/2.      Many parts had to be located very quickly and from various other places and things were very lax at times so good to see that many parets on your Z28 have a wider date span than the norm.

My engine block is a May 26th casting date/  Heads are May 27th casting date/  Engine build is may29th Flint.    Front Pad stampings are original and My cars vin is stamped on the rough surfaced pad by the oil filter. i have spoken will all previous owner evn th eoriginal owner annd all stated the engine to be original.           

What is the dates on your motor????      the normal span should be 1 to 4 weeks, but mine is more than twice that  and it has brought up some questions.  I believe our cars are special as they are cars that might not have ever been.                   My hood is the original cowl hood with either a week 20 or week 28 stamping on the drivers side lower rear corner.

anything