Author Topic: Legends acceptable finishes  (Read 4842 times)

NED

• View Profile
Legends acceptable finishes
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »
I know that I am probably opening up a can of worms here, but I am looking for input from the experts as to what the acceptable finishes are for several items on my 67 Camaro. I'll list the items with my thoughts and let the discussion begin.

Tail lite screws and nuts (silver cad)
                  Holley fuel block (Brass)
                  Firewall wire gutter screws (black phosphate)
                  motor mount bolts (black phos.)
                  bell crank and clutch linkage (black phos.)
                  Emergency brake hardware under car (black phos./silver cad for cable connectors)

Please remember that this is for legends judging at the Camaro Nationals. I have already discussed these items with Jerry M, but again I am looking for a consensus on the CRG. I may have a few other items in the future, but let's see where this leads first. Thanks in advance for your input.   Bill C. 67Z

Bill
67Z Bench seat
69JL8 Burnish Brown
67 camaro modified ls1,6 speed, 9 "rear

rsr

• View Profile
Re: Legends acceptable finishes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:48:32 PM »
Hard to believe nobody has ever replied to this post till now.......I have some original brake cable connectors with the DD stamp that appear to be bare metal or very very lightly zinc plated..? The rod and curve part the cable adjuster bolts to look phosphate ? So do we have another 7 years till this question is answered? Thanks in advance....

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:03:20 PM »
The OP stated that he had 'discussed with Jerry M'.. which means he probably had referenced JM's book...  perhaps no one on this site desired to potentially contradict JM... (who is one of the Legends judges).   The OP should finish his parts per the book, or per JM, then get it judged and then post again if he has an issue after that?

If you have a question concerning your brake cable connectors finish, then you should just ask it and not cloud the issue with a 7 yr old generic posting with many parts listed (all of which are addressed in JM's book I'm sure).
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »
 See my comments but based on a 67 SS/396:
Tail lite screws and nuts (silver cad) - correct
Holley fuel block (Brass)- I have a Rochester but brass looks correct
Firewall wire gutter screws (black phosphate)- correct - gray phosphate
motor mount bolts (black phos.) - mounts to chassis- gray phosphate
bell crank and clutch linkage (black phos.) - Correct - gray phosphate
Emergency brake hardware under car (black phos./silver cad for cable connectors) - correct - zinc plated connectors (single D stamp) and the cable looks galvanized.
  Now, gray phosphate will appear dark to almost black depending on the metal. With larger items such as Z-bar, hood hinges and strikers, gray phosphate will take on a slight dark almost olive green hue depending on preservative oils used.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored