Author Topic: Need help identifying a part for 67 RS headlight system  (Read 5367 times)

my124677n

• View Profile
Need help identifying a part for 67 RS headlight system
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:11:45 AM »
OK, I have a 67 RS that has a clicking sound (about every 4 seconds) from a small black box (1 inch x 2 inches) with rounded corners that is mounted on the lower lip of the passenger side front fender (right in front of the wheel well). There is a matching unit right next to it. Must be some type of switch or solenoid. Not able to open thw front grill doors, but when I open manually, the doors will close when the ignition turns off. I do have a picture of this unit, but is too large to post!!!  Could always e-mail someone if they are willing to take a look.

Looking to identify the part and see where I can get a replacement.

Thanks.

RAfbody

• View Profile
Re: Need help identifying a part for 67 RS headlight system
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:36:17 AM »
Off of the top of my head, the only thing I can remember that would be mounted on the passenger side would be the limit switches but this doesn't sound like it is in the correct location for a limit switch or the right size.  I will try to help if you want to send me the picture.  (rafbody@aol.com)
Russ

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:59:14 AM »
There should be a plate mounted to the drivers fender that mounts to the inside lip of the fender and is under the top of fender.  You should see 2 bolts holding this plate and there are 3 of these relays mounted to the plate.  I will try to attach the file myself.  Here is a link showing the plate with the relays from Camaro Central.  If I could get to my car I would take pictures to show you the location. 
http://www.camarocentral.com/SearchResults.asp

The plate and relays are under rally sport on the second page.
Russ

my124677n

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:27:32 AM »
So it's a relay that I need. Thanks for the help and thanks for that web site.

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
You are welcome.  You will find that most people here will help if they can.
Russ

anything