Author Topic: This is one expensive cooling fan  (Read 6866 times)

plumL78

• View Profile
Re: This is one expensive cooling fan
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Thats only 1/2 what they were doing. If thats a real one its a steel

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »
I will say its a deal compared to 1 years ago,wonder if the correct clutch is available.
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
I think Barrett Jackson proved that the classic car bubble is deflating. There were some strong prices but there were some deals compared to a year ago. Frankly, I am glad because the average Joe cannot afford the prices. I don't care if it is one of one built, it is still a car. I am sure it is fun to win a big case full of trophies, but I prefer the feeling of torque, high RPM, and unadulterated acceleration. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the painstaking process of putting every single part back on a car or preserving a very low mile original.

Thats only 1/2 what they were doing. If thats a real one its a steel

paulsstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:20:27 AM »
 Have to agree. It's great to see inflated prices if you already own something but BJ has made many cars out of reach price wise for many looking to buy, and those inflated values have just encouraged the low-life element to start selling clones as legitimate factory cars.

samanatoo

• 69 Z28 Hugger Orange/Orange Houndstooth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »
You are still going to have to pay 180,000 for a 1970 Boss 429,    80,000 for a good AAR Cuda,      50 to 70,000 for a very nice 69Z,    100,000 plus for a very nice hemicuda coupe,   60,000 plus for a very nice six pack mopar car.  So I see alittle correcting  over the past few years but prices are what they are and the good cars are still not cheap unless 300,000-plus money for a Boss 429 or Hemicuda or shelby stang now that have corrected to 150 to 200000 sounds afordable?? I do not think so not yet for me anyway.  Prices are still very strong and the collector car hobby is doing just fine.  Your investment and hobby is safe. My opinion. :) :)

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:26 AM »
Yes, prices are stabilizing and I think a year from now they will be lower yet.

You are still going to have to pay 180,000 for a 1970 Boss 429,    80,000 for a good AAR Cuda,      50 to 70,000 for a very nice 69Z,    100,000 plus for a very nice hemicuda coupe,   60,000 plus for a very nice six pack mopar car.  So I see alittle correcting  over the past few years but prices are what they are and the good cars are still not cheap unless 300,000-plus money for a Boss 429 or Hemicuda or shelby stang now that have corrected to 150 to 200000 sounds afordable?? I do not think so not yet for me anyway.  Prices are still very strong and the collector car hobby is doing just fine.  Your investment and hobby is safe. My opinion. :) :)

Hot Rod Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:07:59 AM »
This fan, while half price from a year ago, is still not sold. Bidding only at $81. It closed the last time a little over $500 reserve not met.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »
Sold, buy it now $700.
68Z28

PANTHER-BUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 04:51:54 AM »
I'm glad the market has corrected some.  It's a shame that the great HiPo cars are outa reach for the common guy.  The market correction is the only reason I was able to buy my dream car. The N.O.S. market has also dropped some in the last few months.  I guess the free market ideals of supply and demand will always direct the market.  It has taken me 20 years of buying, building and selling to stack my nickels high enough to buy my current car.  Even though I always tell my wife that my most recent car is my last, I seem to always strive for the next level.  Anyone have a 67 SS RS convertible -- lol?

I've read that the average classic car dealer makes $8,000 per sale - I bet some of these guys are in a pinch now.

As far as paying $700 for a fan - if I had the right car(L89 envy) and needed it - had 7 Benjimans - I would pay it. I would not tell anyone - lol  I have paid prices for NOS parts that some in my area would say is crazy, but it makes my testosterone level rise when I can have a new old stock piece. Of course it's all relative to what you can realistically afford.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:23:37 AM by PANTHER-BUFF »
Danny

anything