Author Topic: Trim Tag Q  (Read 5010 times)

Buddy

• View Profile
Trim Tag Q
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:56:08 AM »
I hope I am not being a pest here but I have another Question  ???

Here is another one of my future projects, it was wrecked in 1975 (7 years old) and was parted out until I rescued it ?????

Question is , I cannot figure out whether the trim tag was painted black before it was installed which would explain the white body color over spray on top? Did the firewall blackout not go up to the trim tag which would explain body color over spray?

Opinions and conjecture please. Something seems weird, this is a totally original car, what left anyway.

Thanx
Buddy

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trim Tag Q
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:21:43 AM »
Many and most of the Norwood 67s have the tag sprayed white.  According to plant workers the tag were sprayed white to ID data on the tags easier.

Jerry

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 03:04:14 PM »
That makes sense, It looks like they got better as they went, mine is a nice gloss white sprayed at an angle to hit the sides of the letters and leave the background black.

Thx
Buddy

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
From my parts car days I have 12 '67 Norwood and 3 LA tags. 5 of the Norwood tags have white paint in varying degrees of coverage. The rest are black, no white at all. Earliest white tag is 11C. The last two, 06C and 07A are black. The LA tags are black.

I also have 2 early Norwood '68 tags with white paint on them.
Learning more and more about less and less...