CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104674 Posts in 12246 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Low brake pedal after booster installation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Low brake pedal after booster installation?  (Read 2563 times)
snowballfisher

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »

I just noticed that the brake pedal is relatively low compared to the clutch pedal now that I've installed the new booster.  Is this normal?  I can't remember if it was like that before or not.  I think the pedals were about the same height off the floor.  I checked the pedal rod length on the old booster and the new one and they were the same.  Come to think of it, I didn't compare the pushrod from the booster to the m/cyl.  Could they have been different lengths?  I think I need some help on this one.  I hung on to the core booster until I knew that the new one fixed my hissing problem, then once it was done, I returned it for core credit.  Now I wish I would have waited so that I could check that rod length.  Any ideas here guys?
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:36:10 PM »

Yes, both pedals should be about the same height, and yes, there are two lengths of pushrods that were used from the booster to the master cylinder. However, I believe it's the master cylinders that are different, not the boosters.

Anyway, it's been awhile since you posted this. Did you figure it out?

Ed
nuch_ss396

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:31:27 AM »

I had a spare 9204 booster that I sent to Jerry MacNeish for restoration and he discovered that the pushrod was also incorrect.  He supplied a correct one for me Grin

Steve

69 SS 396, Hugger Orange, D/80, D/90
Chambered Exhaust, N/66, THM400, 3:73 posi

Steve A.
  CRG
cib12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »

also be sure to check the check valve-- if defective it can restrict the vac that goes to the booster- and also check engine vac(car running) to meet man. specs.  the check valve keeps gas vapors form hurting the diaphram in the booster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: