Author Topic: Unusual LA trim tag and build sheet  (Read 4979 times)

sic427

• View Profile
Unusual LA trim tag and build sheet
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
This is the first time I have posted on this site,I think there is a lot of good information here. I have been dealing with camaro's for over 30 years. I have bought,sold,and restored a lot of them over the years,and still own a number of them. I have always looked at numbers and trim tag even on other cars that I have saw. This is a unusual car, not how it was built, it is a 2 owner LM1 RS. When I got it in from CA I removed the fuel tank and got a very nice build sheet that was different than the ones I had taken off before in that it had a persons name on it. So in looking the car over the trim tag body scheduling code was not like any I have saw. I think it must have been a GM executive or someone of importance.

sic427

• View Profile
Re: Unusual LA trim tag and build sheet
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »
Here is the build sheet

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
Mitch,
Thanks for posting those!
The end of Oct 68 was strange for LOS. Somehow Fisher had advanced thru all the letters for the schedule code in October and they started using symbols. This was the only month that ever happened.

John can probably explain the note on the broadcast sheet better than I, but I think it is because the car was being reassigned between zones. I can swear I've seen his name on other docs too, but I can't find it right now.
Kurt S
CRG

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »
John can probably explain the note on the broadcast sheet better than I, but I think it is because the car was being reassigned between zones. I can swear I've seen his name on other docs too, but I can't find it right now.

Probably an assigned company car for an employee - most of my assigned company cars in the 70's had my name on the window sticker; or it could be an employee purchase.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 05:33:57 AM »
I thought company cars had different wording with the name. I'll have look into that.
Kurt S
CRG

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »
On impala build sheets (not the broadcast sheets), it usually appears like: TAG L BROOKS, for example.
That window sticker I sent you yesterday kurt has:
Chevolet Janesville
C W COFFEY

I have never seen one like that before where it says INTERZONE TAG...
Warren

1964-1970 fullsize Chevrolet research