Author Topic: seam sealer  (Read 4893 times)

booya420

• View Profile
seam sealer
« on: November 10, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »
hello everybody. just a little update on my 67 z. im at the point where everything is ready to start seam sealing but what i need to know is where was it aplied and how it was aplied. the interior of the car still had all the original sealer on before i started to clean it out. i documented where it was and how it was aplied. but the exterior and underneith of the car was missing all the sealer. so question is , does anyone have information or know where i can get the info i need to finish this step. any info is greatly apreciated. and thanks in advance.

mrdetails

• View Profile
Re: seam sealer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
look in the assembly manual (aim)

Good luck

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
look in the assembly manual (aim)

Good luck

There isn't any information on body sealer in the Assembly Manual - all sealers were applied by Fisher Body in the Paint Shop, and the Assembly Manual only covers Chevrolet-installed parts.

The only reference for original body sealer application is to look at an original body shell; in production, sealers were applied using a pressure-fed flow brush.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

booya420

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »
thanks for the info johnz. i guess i just have to seach through pictures to find what i need. any suggestions? the fisher body manual wouldnt have any of this info would it?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
thanks for the info johnz. i guess i just have to seach through pictures to find what i need. any suggestions? the fisher body manual wouldnt have any of this info would it?

Nope, there's nothing in the Fisher Body manual about body sealing - that detail was in the Fisher O.D. (Operation Description) sheets, but they were never released outside of GM.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

69 Z11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Here's a pic of some seam sealer on a 69 from a thread on .net - might help a little.  Looks like they were very liberal with the stuff!

69 Z11
97 30th SS
Huggers at the Car Show

anything