Author Topic: GM BBC Oil pan did it ever come with.....  (Read 15982 times)

opelitis1

• View Profile
Re: GM BBC Oil pan did it ever come with.....
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Thanks John!!!  Ted

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
Ted,
John Z. is absolutely correct that GM (Chevrolet) never made a (production) cut and wielded pan. However Chev. did make a cut and wielded deep sump pan you could buy over the the counter, used with the following parts:

#3879633... 6qt...deep wielded sump...plug on driver side.

#3879640...semi circular windage tray (Corvette discontinued late 70)    I think #3967854 is the later flat version.

#3964255...HD ZL1 pump w/pickup and screen...for deep pan.

This was a drag race pan and not intended for the street. It was used buy the factory teams ( Oh! forgot, Chev. wasn't in racing) and anyone that need a good deep pan for a reasonable price.

Bob C

opelitis1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Good morning  Big Iron aka  Bob C... Could I send a few pics of this pan to your E-mail addy as my land line is toooo slow, but, I can send under G-Mail with no problem.  I just might have this semi-circular tray you are talkin' about...  Thanks!  Ted

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
Good morning  Big Iron aka  Bob C... Could I send a few pics of this pan to your E-mail addy as my land line is toooo slow, but, I can send under G-Mail with no problem.  I just might have this semi-circular tray you are talkin' about...  Thanks!  Ted
Sure Ted,
I will try to find some pictures of the deep pan in my files and post them there for those that are interested. The pictures will be scanned so they will not be as good as digital.
Bob C

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 02:45:59 AM »
Ted,
The pan on the top is the six qt,bottom pan is standard and also shot of 6qt pan by itself.