Author Topic: First Production Dates?  (Read 3851 times)

ruinedcanvas

• View Profile
First Production Dates?
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »
After decoding my vin and cowl tag, I have found that my car is tagged with an 08E production date and my vin number ends in 100560.  I was just wondering EXACTLY when (date wise) Camaros began their production, as I appear to have an early one.  Any information would be helpful, all I can find as far as GM information goes is September's production numbers - nothing for August.  Thanks again.

- Brenden

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: First Production Dates?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »
See the following CRG link:  http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#HowMany
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:51:23 PM »
There were two plants producing Camaros: Norwood, Ohio and Van Nuys CA.

The earilest known surviving Norwood '67 is #13 and has an 05B body tag, clearly a pilot producton car that later received a VIN and was sold. There are a few other very early cars with August 1966 body tag dates [08A] so that probably marks the actual start of production there. Early Van Nuys cars have 08D tag dates.
Learning more and more about less and less...

ruinedcanvas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »
rich69rs: that is the sheet I was talking about with just september and after production numbers :)

william:  thank you very much - btw, mine is a van nuys car.  Your information was very helpful, where were you able to find these facts?

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:02:19 AM »
I'm on the CRG board and have db access. I have also been recording 1st gen data at car shows for about 30 years.
Learning more and more about less and less...