Author Topic: 68' RS/SS Camaro front spoiler  (Read 3639 times)

Lane 68

• View Profile
68' RS/SS Camaro front spoiler
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:33:16 PM »
Is the front spoiler on a 68' RS/SS made of a "brittle" dark grey/black smooth plastic or a rubber/vinyl "flexible" material with a grain in it?  Pepro folks say "theirs" is correct depending on which one they carry.
If you know where to get the correct spoiler, please let me know.
Thanks!!
Lane

jl8dale

• View Profile
Re: 68' RS/SS Camaro front spoiler
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »
I have a used GM for that car and it is black plastic. It has a GM sticker on the back but it is pretty much illegible. It has scuffs in places so if you are doing a show car, it's probably not for you. If you're interested, email me at dale@ameriken.com and I'll take some pics for you and you can decide what you want to do.
1969 Z/28 Daytona Yellow/Yellow Houndstooth, Tilt, Fold Down Seat, - POP

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:09:00 AM »
Lane....Rick's 1st Gen sells the correct grained spoiler, but it's expensive and their shipping charges are outrageous. According to what I've read, the '68 spoilers were a heavier grained plastic for strength than the '67 or '69s, and didn't use the braces. I'd like a definitive answer to this myself. The later GM NOS replacement spoilers were thinner and slick and needed the braces. You can buy the repro slick spoiler AND braces for about half of what the grained spoiler costs. Hope this helps and good luck!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

Lane 68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »
Hey Thanks!!

Where did you get the "good" repro??
Yes, I do have a hairline crack you described.
Thanks again,
Lane