CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97138 Posts in 11686 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  Hurst shifter date coded?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hurst shifter date coded?  (Read 2222 times)
69zman

View Profile Email
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:55:39 PM »

I have a 1969 Z28 camaro. The shifter has a series of #'s on it of 29D330. Is this a date code? If so how is it read? If not what does the #'s refer to? I have looked at several others and they all seem to have different #'s as well. What component # is stamped on the shifter? any help would be greatly appreciated. by the way first time I have logged on to CRG.Pretty cool!  Thanks for any help,69zman
Gambitt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 05:20:32 PM »

I too would like to be educated on the hurst shifter numbers.  I have been looking for a good one for quite some time, but I don't really understand the number sequence on them. 
69zman

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:49 PM »

I found my hurst shifter over a year ago and paid about 750.00 for it It was completely restored and the arm re-chromed. I think today that is quite a bargain! I e-mailed Larry C. about the numbers. He does not believe they are date codes. I will be talking to Jerry Mc. in the next couple of days for services i need from him and will ask him as well. Larry, Camaros rule!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: