Author Topic: Wheel Well Molding  (Read 5174 times)

Maggie67rs/ss

• Remeber...It's Later Than You Think
    • View Profile
Wheel Well Molding
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
Is anyone producing a quality molding for a 67 RS.  NOS is difficult to find, and I have not seen a repro that I would be willing to put on my car.  Is it simply to costly to make an original quality piece, as it would seem there are many folks like me looking for something better for their first gen.  Thanks, and Happy Motoring  :)

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Wheel Well Molding
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
I agree, the repros out there suck...or at least the last time I tried to fit one, which I will admit has been awhile.  I have a 69 Camaro and I have 3 of the 4 needed in original GM wheel wells, one of which has not been easy or cheap to get.  If anyone has a passenger rear and would like to part with it, please email me.  I am willing to pay for it and don't expect it cheap.  Also, if anyone needs a GM driver side rear, I have an extra and would sell it to a needy party.

scoop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:48:57 AM »
I purchased a set from D & Classics. They fit and look better than the NOS ones I purchased. I have tried every other one out there an sent them all back. D & R Classics has the rights to reproduce them from GM.  They are the best out there. When I finish my restoration on my 68 Z/28 I am going to use them and keep my originals and sell the NOS ones.

jl8dale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
sdkar

Sent message about NOS wheel moldings yesterday.
Let me know if you are interested in any that I have.

Dale
1969 Z/28 Daytona Yellow/Yellow Houndstooth, Tilt, Fold Down Seat, - POP

69Z28freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
I agree, the repros out there suck...or at least the last time I tried to fit one, which I will admit has been awhile.  I have a 69 Camaro and I have 3 of the 4 needed in original GM wheel wells, one of which has not been easy or cheap to get.  If anyone has a passenger rear and would like to part with it, please email me.  I am willing to pay for it and don't expect it cheap.  Also, if anyone needs a GM driver side rear, I have an extra and would sell it to a needy party.

I agree I installed a set on my car they seemed like they were made if thick tinfoil. Of course I foolishy tossed my old ones knowing I was getting new ones. A lot has been learned about after market parts. At first I didn't get it, but now only original is the way to go. Only one or two of the front holes lined up. They also have a very cloudy finish, Even my originals were brighter, probably because the originals were stainless. Live and learn as they say.

Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

anything