Author Topic: stolen 1980 camero  (Read 3020 times)

cup909198

• View Profile
stolen 1980 camero
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:32:59 PM »
 ??? >:(
My 16-year-old son worked all summer restoring a 1980 red camero.  All the money he madeat work, he put into restoring it.  In Nov. he turned 16, drove his car for a week, then someone stole it.  We reported it with the local authorities, but nothing has turned up.  Any tips to find it would be great....   We thought we found it this afternoon but the vin numbers didn't match.  although there were many things different on this car, my son was convinced it was his.  can people change vin numbers???  forgive me for seeming ignorant...i'm just a mom whose heart is breaking for my son and thought i'd give this site a try....  if you have any---ANY---tips or advice, i'd really love to hear. 

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: stolen 1980 camero
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 04:36:10 AM »
Try this site here.  They're are a wider group of Camaro folks and have a special section for stolen cars.  The traffic at this site can be a little slow at times.
http://www.camaros.net/
68Z28

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: stolen 1980 camero
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
There should be a "hidden VIN" on the car. For a 1980 I wouldn't know where to look. It is illegal (but possible) to replace the VIN tag. The hidden VIN is less likely to be replaced. If you noted the VIN on the car that you thought was your son's, try to find someone like your insurance agent to run that VIN. You could also try a carfax on the VIN for the car you spotted. If it has been totaled, then maybe someone did swap the VIN.

Good hunting, be safe

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything